Question about RTX 3080

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
The 7 pin end normally goes to the PSU, the GPU side should have 8 pins.

Be sure you are using the correct cables, they should be appropriately labelled.

AlexJames

Bronze Level Poster
I would not be happy with that radiator placement
I didn't like it at first but the motherboard VRMs and the RAM height don't make it possible for a top mount i think. Also PSU shroud blocks hoses from being downward i believe.

RDS

Was wondering if there was room for top mounting lol ......setup doesn't look ideal for airflow

AlexJames

Bronze Level Poster
Anyway. I did it. Using 2 seperate cables now. Temps went down at 0 RPM Idle. I assume it will be a lot more stable for later on in its life. I think there should be some sort of notification for people who already received a build, because i know a few have with a 3080. Because a daisy chained cable is certainly not recommended at all for a 3080 and they might not know and they certainly have probably been built with 2x8 pin cable like mine was

Last edited:

AlexJames

Bronze Level Poster
Exactly, installed that way round the tubes need to be above the pump.
Just done testing.
Airflow is quite amazing really. 50C on CPU under load on 1440p Fully maxxed RDR2 and 70c on the GPU. Really good temps if I do say so myself.
Averaging 98fps on RDR2 Ultra Preset all maxed at 1440p. Amazing airflow and performance off the charts.
The AIO at the front I didnt like at first but its grew on me, would prefer at top but obviously no room. But regardless the airflow is real good and temps nice and cool
CPU boosting to around 4500 average and almost 2ghz on the GPU.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
It should be fine, it certainly is going by your performance checks.

I'm never a fan of that particular layout but any issues would be apparent quite quickly and I think the QC on water coolers has came a LONG way to avoid airbubbles and the likes. If you get any issues with it simply raise the radiator and spin it 180 :D

AlexJames

Bronze Level Poster
It should be fine, it certainly is going by your performance checks.

I'm never a fan of that particular layout but any issues would be apparent quite quickly and I think the QC on water coolers has came a LONG way to avoid airbubbles and the likes. If you get any issues with it simply raise the radiator and spin it 180 :D
Yeah didn't like it at first, 3 front fans and then the AIO on top of them thought it was a bit weird, but after testing i realised it's perfectly fine and it's not like I'm going to be starting into my PC 24/7 so i don't mind. Had a few friends run the h100 in the same orientation and they've not had issues after years of hard usage, so I'm inclined to agree