Question about wireless adapter

ulurujamman

Hi there,

Can someone tell me if the standard pci card option in PCS's desktop builds (listed as WIRELESS 802.11N 150Mbps PCI-E CARD) supports 5Ghz signals? Mine doesn't seem to be able to pick up the superhub on anything other than 2.4Ghz, which wouldn't be a big problem except the homeplugs we're using are also not working correctly (bad wiring in our house)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
If the wireless card can't find it then I would assume it is not supported. If it does it should be indicated in the configurator. I can switch between those and haven't notice a difference.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Hi there,

Can someone tell me if the standard pci card option in PCS's desktop builds (listed as WIRELESS 802.11N 150Mbps PCI-E CARD) supports 5Ghz signals? Mine doesn't seem to be able to pick up the superhub on anything other than 2.4Ghz, which wouldn't be a big problem except the homeplugs we're using are also not working correctly (bad wiring in our house)
According to the configurator you need the Dual-Band or the Asus PCE-AC68 Wireless card to connect through the 5GHz band.