Question for cooling

perry123

I am deeply sorry if this is in a different section to what it should be, on to my question.

I am thinking of getting a Hydro Series H110 corsair for my NZXT PHANTOM 410 and I have read around and discovered that it is possible that I may have to mod the case a little. I would love to have a more in-depth description and personalised response.

Has anyone ever done this with the same case or have you done something similar? What issues did you face and should I go ahead or choose something different?

also does the radiator come with the fluid already inside? Will I have to replace my thermal paste?

Would I perhaps be best going for a Hydro Series H100i or a Hydro Series H105?

On the website for the case it says that this is compatible but I am weary as others comment differently.
Any relevant information is appreciated too.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

PokerFace

Banned
I've no idea, but while you're waiting for replies, why not google this below:

mod nzxt phantom 410 to fit hydro series h110

It seems to bring up some useful reading for you.

perry123

I've no idea, but while you're waiting for replies, why not google this below:

mod nzxt phantom 410 to fit hydro series h110

It seems to bring up some useful reading for you.

Ah reading this I see that I may have to indeed mod the case which I am not confident in. Turning the holes into slots sounds somewhat problematic as it wouldn't fit as well... possibly. The thing that worries me is that surely making it into a slot not a screw/hole would be as secure and could cause damage if moved. I move my PC a few times a year as I move house often.

Thank you for your contribution!

Last edited:

perry123

Would also like to query wether or not I need ned thermal paste as I will be wiping the the cpu. I've watched a few different guides some do some don't... So should I be doing this?

T

TheGeeza

Depending on whether the cooler comes with thermal paste pre-applied, you may need to apply thermal paste to the CPU and completely wipe off the old paste with isopropyl alcohol.
It's always best to apply new thermal paste if you ever remove the cooler as dust and dirt may land on the old stuff preventing it from making sufficient contact with the CPU.

perry123

Depending on whether the cooler comes with thermal paste pre-applied, you may need to apply thermal paste to the CPU and completely wipe off the old paste with isopropyl alcohol.
It's always best to apply new thermal paste if you ever remove the cooler as dust and dirt may land on the old stuff preventing it from making sufficient contact with the CPU.

I was watching a guide and it said something about limp free, not sure how it's spelt. What is this I can seem to find much on it.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Ah, thank you so much! Is this lint free cloth absolutely necessary or are there house hold substitutes?
Some people use a coffee filter or Q-tip,personally I've only used a paper kitchen towel,mind you I've only done it two or three times so I'm no expert :).

Last edited:

mishra

Rising Star
Ah, thank you so much! Is this lint free cloth absolutely necessary or are there house hold substitutes?

Just wipe with anything you have at home for as long as its not greasy or will not leave little bits behind. Kitchen towel or any cloth will do , even your tshirt will. I usually use these cloths you get with glasses, photo lenses or mobile protective screens :)

perry123

With the liquid inside will I have to change that, I believe it's just distilled water that's suppose to be inside? How often would I be doing so?

I know I am suppose to clean the plate every 6 months, or at least that's what I got from what I read.

T

TheGeeza

If it is a sealed loop like the cosair h80i or coolermaster seidon then no you won't have to change the liquid and neither will you have to clean the plate.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
You only need distilled or de-ionised water in a custom built loop mate. the only thing you will need to do, is give the rad a clean with some compressed air every 3-4 months.

perry123

I got it today, installed and i am wanting to test if the pump and fan work. How can I do this without straining cpu and if so can i disconnect it?

Last edited:

perry123

Disregard above stupid question

Ever since installing it i am getting a error where my pc freezes. Audio glitches but continues after a bit.

I have launched a game before hand and no issue but now after 30 minutes of working decided to do this. Now everytime i go to launch a game it freezes and sometimes just randomly freezes and doesn't continue. When I shut the pc down by holding power i get this error message when starting back up.

iW3MR7Ph.jpg

I haven't tried over clocking and im confused.

Cheers.

Last edited:

steaky360

My rig occasionally does that, restarting seems to sort it - I wouldn't have said it was related to the cooler. You can check by monitoring your temps when gaming etc. (HWMonitor is a good program, there are many others) If all is good, then likely its something else causing the issues.

If your PC is freezing when gaming try to re install the game/graphics drivers etc. and see if that makes a difference :) I had a similar sounding issue (freezing when booting games etc.) and I narrowed it down to a harddrive fault (not saying yours is a harddrive fault - just don't rule anything out yet!).

perry123

My rig occasionally does that, restarting seems to sort it - I wouldn't have said it was related to the cooler. You can check by monitoring your temps when gaming etc. (HWMonitor is a good program, there are many others) If all is good, then likely its something else causing the issues.

If your PC is freezing when gaming try to re install the game/graphics drivers etc. and see if that makes a difference :) I had a similar sounding issue (freezing when booting games etc.) and I narrowed it down to a harddrive fault (not saying yours is a harddrive fault - just don't rule anything out yet!).

My only worry is that this happened 30 minutes after installing the Cooler. It has never happened before.

I use speccy currently and nothing goes above 70 Celsius when at full blast (streaming and gaming). My CPU is cool and my GPU was at 40 ish.

I shall reinstall the game and see if that makes a difference.

Is it possible my Power supply is being strained from this pump? I got a 850 and my specs are below in my signature.

Cheers!

Last edited:

perry123

redownloaded it and started, got further.. map loaded. Then it froze. So nothing to do with the heat. It appears to only be when I launch games, I am going to test several and see.

How can I tell if it's a hard drive issue?

Again, could it be something to do with power?

Tested several games now and it seems only BF 4 currently freezes up my machine.

Last edited: