quick question

jcuk

Bronze Level Poster
My pc is gonna take a bit longer to reach me due to stock, in the message i got it regarding it, guy said that my motherboard is in contraint at the moment, anyone know what that means? Lol

Meds

Hi JCUK,

This basically means that there is little stock within UK and distributors will have the item on back order. To be honest this isn't a rare occurrence on popular components and delays are generally not that long at all.

You have nothing to worry about :)

jcuk

Bronze Level Poster
Ah rite, now i know lol. Im under the impression that the stock for my pc is in tho as guy said that my order is in processing2 and rdy to be built, is there anyway to find out?

Sweeney47

Just to add to this, how do we know if our order will be delayed due to stock? Will we be emailed/phoned and at which stage of production do we find this out. I'm still on pre-production so im assuming im not out of the 'possible delay' zone yet...

LDUK

Master Poster
Hello JCUK lol.

Don't worry, a few of us are waiting for popular components, you can join our crew lol.

Gorman

Author Level
It will initially come up with it while ordering, if we run out after ordering you will get an email if the stock issue is expected to affect your delivery time.

Simo

Bronze Level Poster
I also recieved an email today but it said the processor was out of stock, no mention of motherboard (which is the same as ordered by JCUK) so I assume I have to wait on both then :(

jcuk

Bronze Level Poster
Ill join the club then lol, think most of us here are waiting, i never got any notification that there wld be stock issues, im not really complaining but in anticipation of getting my pc i stripped my current pc lol...using my phone for internet :l

Gorman

Author Level
i stripped my current pc lol...using my phone for internet :l

Ouch! considering our usual leadtime is 7-9 working days (nearly two weeks) that may have been a bit premature!

It is yet to be seen if the 930 situation will actually affect this lead time anyways ;)

steveuk87

Super Star
sorry to hear that JCUK, welcome btw... it can be annoying having to wait for componants, but i'm sure it'll be worth it in the end :)

Steve

jcuk

Bronze Level Poster
Ouch! considering our usual leadtime is 7-9 working days (nearly two weeks) that may have been a bit premature!

It is yet to be seen if the 930 situation will actually affect this lead time anyways ;)

Well in defence i did pay for the three day fast track haha, think i mite have to do a quick rebuild :)

Gorman

Author Level
If they dont meet it you will get a refund. The website is set to block the fast track option if theres stock issues. have you been told if we are going for 5 days instead?

jcuk

Bronze Level Poster
My order went thru fine with the 3 day fast trak, never seen anything thru the order process that it wldnt be available. They never mentioned abt the 5 day option, just that id get a refund as its been over 3 days.

Zeplini

non completed fastracks still keep there priority status even if you have been refunded, so when the stock arrives it will still be one of the first to be completed asap ;)

jcuk

Bronze Level Poster
Likes that post to! Lol, yeah ill phone them tomorrow n find out, not sure if you guys know but do they just refund money to the account you used for deposit as i was hoping to add sum things to order to make up the refund?

steveuk87

Super Star
dunno off the top of my head, but if the order hasnt been made/dispatched then you should be good to add on.. PCS sales/tech team are awsome so you will normally get your answers pretty quickly through the right channels!!

Steve