RAM = HELP!!

Ashleyjames98

Bronze Level Poster
Hi guys and gals, I've a question that's most likely asked by every novice like me but my current build has 16gb of DDR4 2400MHz RAM. My question is would I see better performance from upgrading to 32gb of DDR4 2400MHz RAM or 16gb 3200MHz RAM? My build is mainly used for gaming, streaming and light editing.

Many thanks and merry Christmas!

Ash :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi guys and gals, I've a question that's most likely asked by every novice like me but my current build has 16gb of DDR4 2400MHz RAM. My question is would I see better performance from upgrading to 32gb of DDR4 2400MHz RAM or 16gb 3200MHz RAM? My build is mainly used for gaming, streaming and light editing.

Many thanks and merry Christmas!

Ash :)
What do you use to edit?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
This is asking the same question as before, this time not providing the context, and hoping for a different answer. :)

Adding more RAM may not help, and adding faster RAM may not be worth the price considering how young the system is. Though if you can ebay the old RAM to get some of the money back and can get the 3200MHz RAM for very cheap, it might not be such a bad hit on the wallet.