random keyboard shortcuts

steveuk87

Super Star
Hey guys... my keyboard has made random shortcuts, and i can’t seem to be able to remove them, it’s a wired keyboard and i need help desperately please,

cheers.

Buzz

Master
Hey steveuk

Can you elaborate a little on your question please. What keyboard have you got? What exactly do you mean by your keyboard has made random shortcuts?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Make sure there isn't a key stuck down,also check you haven't accidentally turned on sticky keys.You can check this in control panel/ease of access center/make the keyboard easier to use/set up sticky keys.

Buzz

Master
Make sure there isn't a key stuck down,also check you haven't accidentally turned on sticky keys.You can check this in control panel/ease of access center/make the keyboard easier to use/set up sticky keys.

Tap shift x5 times for sticky keys :)

steveuk87

Super Star
im using windows 7, using a wired keyboard. Randomly today started doing shortcuts i.e:
L = lock system
M = show desktop
E = My computer

No idea why its doing this and even the virtual keyboard does it.... HELP!! BTW checked its not sticky keys or anything else ion ease of access...

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
im using windows 7, using a wired keyboard. Randomly today started doing shortcuts i.e:
L = lock system
M = show desktop
E = My computer

No idea why its doing this and even the virtual keyboard does it.... HELP!! BTW checked its not sticky keys or anything else ion ease of access...
Looks like the windows key is stuck down,
or one of them if you have two.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
It's my bet one of them is sticking now and again.:)
or possibly your keyboard is faulty.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
alt control and delete don't work either :\
All the things you have mentioned are consistent with a dodgy windows key.
On most keyboards you can pop out the keys with a screwdriver to give them a clean then replace them,I would give this a go with the windows keys one at a time.Disconnect the keyboard before doing so or switch off computer,but make sure you can do this with the keyboard you have,I wouldn't want you to damage it.

Last edited:

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
try unplugging the keyboard and then use the virtual keyboard or if you have a spare one, try that. See what happens when you do that.

steveuk87

Super Star
changed keyboard and its now working... grrr so annoying, cheers for the help.. using a douchebag keyboard until i drag my wireless out of the endless supply of boxes i have in storage lol