Really disappointed

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Thank you. I would think Seaplane are considerably more comfortable than an S92 chopper where 19 of you squeeze into it

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200604/21/images/0420_C32.jpg

Thanks for your input, considerably more measured. Hacked off is the lower end of the scale ;) I wouldn't use the language on here. Ask the wife. She will tell you!

As I have already listed, maybe they should have actually test the thing before dispatching it! It's heading to the bin. I will remove the useful parts and skip it. Thankfully I am an electronics tech and have a considerable PC knowledge and this machine is not fit for purpose. Be it over heating or incompatible parts, I am unsure. All my laptops sit on a high powered fan stand so overheating is doubtful, more likely faulty parts or incompatible.

Why would you bin it, there are any number of reasons which if what you say is correct then you really should know. Reading on the forums and many other internet sites will highlight the fact that problems can be caused in transit, there may also be problems that arise from any other number of things including software problems and faulty parts. These are not necesserily problems which can be found in a testing stage. I can;t speak for the time stamps noted on your testing page however I know there are plenty of exctremely happy customers, PCS is extremely highly rated all over the net and in magazines, they have an excellent customer service team who are extremely compotant with technical issues. Why not actually let them have a chance to fix something which may or may not be their fault? I have my machine from PCS sat infront of me, extremely good machine, I use it for work everyday and apart from an isse with the SSD which turned out to be a general SSD fault for that specific manufacturer (which caused blue screens from day 1, but was subsequently dealt with by PCS) I am extremely happy with the machine.

Unfortunately sometimes it happens that components can break, for any number of reasons, but reacting the way you have will never solve anything.

allstr

You judge me based on my avatar, very mature indeed. You have no idea who I am, what family I have, what I do for a living, how much free time I have etc etc. You have enough time to complain that people don;t read your posts yet you don't bother listening to anytrhing the PCS guys have said to help you, they have been nothing but polite and helpfulm, and you have been nothing but rude. I work extremely long hours too, I have 3 research papers I am writing in my spare time (the little amount I have), I also run my own game development company for which I have to put in another stupid amount of hours, however I prioritise my time. If I had a problem with my PC instead of having a go at people on a forum, talking about going to solicitors because your computer has creashed 8 times in 24 hours, without even following up on any of the advice the company has given you is frankly immature. How about you grow up and actually contact PCS as they have suggested so they can help sort out your computer.
Eh? So you use an avatar which i say is very apt and now you move from that to your family?:rockon: Here's a tip for you. If you don't want compared to your avatar, DON'T USE IT! :censored:

If you had bothered reading my comments, I don't have the time to sit on a phone. I don't get much of it at home and I am damned if I am spending hours on a phone when the item should have worked! Sending out unchecked faulty items is a waste of my time and everyone else involved.

So crack on with your research papers rather than wasting your time trolling a forum. The next time you are up for over 26 hours and travelled by chopper, plane and car, over 600 miles, drop a post in ok?

Corfate

Author Level
Thank you. I would think Seaplane are considerably more comfortable than an S92 chopper where 19 of you squeeze into it

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200604/21/images/0420_C32.jpg

Thanks for your input, considerably more measured. Hacked off is the lower end of the scale ;) I wouldn't use the language on here. Ask the wife. She will tell you!

As I have already listed, maybe they should have actually test the thing before dispatching it! It's heading to the bin. I will remove the useful parts and skip it. Thankfully I am an electronics tech and have a considerable PC knowledge and this machine is not fit for purpose. Be it over heating or incompatible parts, I am unsure. All my laptops sit on a high powered fan stand so overheating is doubtful, more likely faulty parts or incompatible.

Let me get this straight, you're going to rip apart the machine and takes parts out of, before you have fully tried to get it working? Thats mental.

Yes it's annoying that something isn't working, but like others have said, when you get time (i know you're busy, but you're bound to get some time to yourself, even if it's small). You may as well try, rather than give up and scrap it.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Eh? So you use an avatar which i say is very apt and now you move from that to your family?:rockon: Here's a tip for you. If you don't want compared to your avatar, DON'T USE IT! :censored:

If you had bothered reading my comments, I don't have the time to sit on a phone. I don't get much of it at home and I am damned if I am spending hours on a phone when the item should have worked! Sending out unchecked faulty items is a waste of my time and everyone else involved.

So crack on with your research papers rather than wasting your time trolling a forum. The next time you are up for over 26 hours and travelled by chopper, plane and car, over 600 miles, drop a post in ok?

I can use whatever avatar I like, I couldn't care less what you think of me for using it.

I read every word and unfortunately you obviously did not read mine, I in no way stated phoning PCS. I talked about sending them an email via the webmail section fo your admin panel, this was something suggested to you earlier by one of the PCS members of staff which is much quicker than the standard customer enquiries email, this is designed to quickly answer peoples queiries. In the time you have spent arguing, throwing a hissy fit and generally being extremely rude to PCS and their customers, you could quiet easily have sent an email explaining the problem, and asking them what steps you should take to fix it, this could be steps you can try at home, for example reinstalling the OS, or it could be sending it back for an RMA where they can diagnose and fix the problem for you.

But let me congratulate you on your outstanding maturity. Bravo.

allstr

OK OK OK PLEASE STOP

For those of you who have not read what I have posted, I DO NOT HAVE THE TIME to sit for hours on a phone. I get very little time at home and when I am I like spending it with my with, my daughter and our new baby. I sit in the middle of the North Sea for half my life, remote and isolated. When I am home, I do not want the hassles of having to sit trying to repair something which should have worked!

Why would I bin it? Simple, because I can. If I can't get something that I paid for to work and it involves complicated phone calls eating into what little family time I get and all the hassles that go with that, I find it is much easier just to bin it and never use the service again! Simples.

I have wasted a battlefield subscription as well so I will now have to purchase another code for the damn game to load on to the next computer I buy!

allstr

I can use whatever avatar I like, I couldn't care less what you think of me for using it.

I read every word and unfortunately you obviously did not read mine, I in no way stated phoning PCS. I talked about sending them an email via the webmail section fo your admin panel, this was something suggested to you earlier by one of the PCS members of staff which is much quicker than the standard customer enquiries email, this is designed to quickly answer peoples queiries. In the time you have spent arguing, throwing a hissy fit and generally being extremely rude to PCS and their customers, you could quiet easily have sent an email explaining the problem, and asking them what steps you should take to fix it, this could be steps you can try at home, for example reinstalling the OS, or it could be sending it back for an RMA where they can diagnose and fix the problem for you.

But let me congratulate you on your outstanding maturity. Bravo.

Again, why reduce the thread to this level? Why not shuffle off and troll elsewhere? That would be far more useful would it not?

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
OK OK OK PLEASE STOP

For those of you who have not read what I have posted, I DO NOT HAVE THE TIME to sit for hours on a phone. I get very little time at home and when I am I like spending it with my with, my daughter and our new baby. I sit in the middle of the North Sea for half my life, remote and isolated. When I am home, I do not want the hassles of having to sit trying to repair something which should have worked!

Why would I bin it? Simple, because I can. If I can't get something that I paid for to work and it involves complicated phone calls eating into what little family time I get and all the hassles that go with that, I find it is much easier just to bin it and never use the service again! Simples.

I have wasted a battlefield subscription as well so I will now have to purchase another code for the damn game to load on to the next computer I buy!

Have you emailed them yet? Again the amount of times we have tried to suggest it is unbelievable but you keep replying saying you dont have time to phone. Use the webmail function within your admin panel. How many times can we possibly try and suggest ways for you to contact PCS as quickly as possible?

Also if you contact Origin they will gladly transfer your code across if needed for battlefield since they can tell whether the game has been used or not. They are not unreasonable people.

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
Ok, arguing isn't going to get us anywhere, if you are only interested in telling another forum member what you think of them and what they have said, can you please stop it, I can't be bothered to read through these arguing posts.

@ allstr, how about trying a fresh re-install of windows?

Maestro

I can understand when people are frustrated when they buy something and it has problems. Unfortunately we don’t live in utopia where everything is wonderful and nothing breaks or fails. Everything has a failure rate, and that is precisely why warranties exist. If we never had any of our products fail we would now be bigger than apple. I have bought things that have failed, frustrating yes, but i always employ a modicum of restraint, see what the company involved can do to put the issue straight and work it out with them. If they try but fail to solve the problem then fine, they got the opportunity, it didn’t work out and I ask for my money back or a replacement etc.

Sound reasonable, I think so.

Quite what has happened in this case I still don’t understand? You have an account area, you have a RMA request form, you have 7 days to return it if you don’t want it or you can call us and we can try and sort the issue which on most occasions we do. To simply come on here, and act as though the world has ended, without employing any of our official channels to get support is unfathomable. I really do suggest you read the whole thread again, and hopefully you will see that the only negative has been your incredibly defensive and un-cooperative attitude since the op.

We are here to help. The fact this thread is here for all to see is testament to that and the fact we have nothing to hide.

P.S Talk to us, we can send a new battlefield voucher, no problem.

Last edited:

AndyL

The fact this thread is here for all to see is testament to that and the fact we have nothing to hide.

Very True. It not only shows that you have nothing to hide but also shows several times that you have tried to help the op (although that help appears to have fallen on deaf ears so far).

@allstr - if you get the time then try to do a reinstall of windows from the OS DVD (this will not take log at all considering you have over 20 years experience), also, the machine that is shipped by PCS is tested from a hardware point of view though it is possible that something could have happened during transit, therefore if you have time and the know how then try re-seating the RAM as it may have come loose.

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
My offer of giving a call is still open, if my help is not wanted nor asked for, I can't give it, I honestly can say I have tried, but we can only help those who are not willing to be helped.

Sure, we all want things to work, in all honesty, they all should work, the system was indeed tested, and the faults you are experiencing did not occur at our premises, it would make little to no sense for us to send out a clearly defunct laptop.

We've all been in this situation, you can buy an expensive TV that doesn't output sound properly (personal experience), a car that breaks down on your way home from the garage, a bike that falls apart on the way home from the shop (unfortunately, also personal experience), a multi-thousand pound house that has faulty plumbing, and so on so forth until the cows come home, we can have a whine, we can have a moan, it's our given right to do so, but these things would not get fixed unless we let someone help us! We are trying to help, and you're not letting us, LET US help you!

I got into this business because I love fixing computers and I love helping people, but I can only help people and fix computers when given the opportunity to, unfortunately some of the comments on this forum have gotten rather out of hand, from other forums members defending us, and themselves, and you attacking us, and the other forum members, and defending yourself, we can put all this aside, and let us help you, this is all we are asking for.

danielw2599

Silver Level Poster
This thread is utter tripe, I haven't read the last few posts for fear of losing the will to live with allstr's posts and his poor attitude. Your not the only one with a busy life!

However, I will say this.

I had a problem not so long ago with my PCS machine. It kept crashing after playing games for more than 5 minutes and then finally wouldn't boot. After trying the usual stuff (stuff which someone with "20 years experience" should know about) I called PCS support and after 10 minutes spoke to a helpful chap. He directed me to unscrew and reseat the graphics which I did but not cure the problem. He then processed an order for a replacement graphics card that arrived the next morning which sorted the problem. Hardly the end of the world.

Seems ridiculous that someone wouldn't even try the basic support options before throwing their toys out the pram.

Funny how you have the time to post on here, threaten legal advice and then claim you are going to bin it and go to the trouble of buying a new one from a local company....

if your life is so busy why bother getting a PC?

As someone with as much knowledge and experience as yourself, you should know PC components can fail at ANY time.