Recommended Steam games for kids?

Boozad

Prolific Poster
My daughter is finally starting to bug me to play some games on her rig, so I'm going to install Steam for her so she can build up a small library. The trouble is I have no idea which games Steam have that are good for eight year old girls! If anybody could recommend any I'd be extremely grateful so I can start her off without spending hours trawling through Steam.
They don't have to be mindblowing games (A10-5800k, HD7850-DC2T, 8GB RAM) but the rig is capable of handling decent stuff.

I'm looking at some Sonic games for starters, I know there are loads on there but I'll only grab a couple of those. She does like a lot of variety so that's just a starting point.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions ladies and gents. :kiss:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
The Lego games are great fun aimed at all ages Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed is also great fun. Goat Simulator is awesome as well! That's about all the child friendly games I own other than racing games.

Boozad

Prolific Poster
She does have Batman Lego games on her Wii and 3DS so they're a good call. And she does love MarioKart so Racing Transformed is a good shout as well. Cheers mate.

Boozad

Prolific Poster
It does indeed mate, I'll get that for her. I do need to get her a controller and a decent keyboard (or give her my SideWinder and upgrade mine :devil: ).

Fletchuk

Peggle and Peggle Nights are always fun and I'm 25.
Or Insaniquarium! Deluxe is a game where they make a fish tank, really fun.
As already advised, Plants versus Zombies is very fun and addictive.
To be fair, just look at any games from Pop Cap, they are really enjoyable and some would most definitely suit your daughter.

Hope that helps! :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
lol i really want to offer something appropriate.

but, all my games involve killing something... and i don't think Metro last light would be very suitable. haha

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
lol i really want to offer something appropriate.

but, all my games involve killing something... and i don't think Metro last light would be very suitable. haha

I guess the Hello Kitty and Barbie games are really violent then huh?? I see you playing them a few times ;)

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Our kids spend most of their time in the garden or over the park. The PC, Wii, 3DS etc are for the evenings and rainy/lazy days.

steaky360

I think the Rayman series is out for the PC and on Steam, good games and suitable for kids too I'd say.

EDIT: I'd add Portal/Portal 2 to the list personally. They're pretty much non-offensive and genuinely good games).

Last edited:

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Haha, they don't get to touch this one. They've got this one (best photos at the bottom with the GPU upgrade). I need to update the photos of that rig with the SSD I fitted for them.