Recovery

Freshmeat

Bronze Level Poster
Hi I would like to do a full recovery on my pc but don’t know how I would go about it. It didn’t come with a dvd drive. I would need my Windows licence etc how do I find that? Only for my pc this week but already having some trouble with applications not running correctly

Rakk

The Awesome
Presuming you bought your PC with Windows installed the Windows key will be stored in the BIOS (unless you've moved it to your Microsoft account), so you do not need the actual key as your new installation should pick it up when its finished.

The easiest way to install is to use this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
Ie. just find a clean USB drive and download the media installation onto that, and use that to install it

ColEyt

Gold Level Poster
This should help you. Obviously any issues/concerns then please ask :)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Clean install instructions:

Download a new copy of Windows using the Media Creation Tool to an 8GB (min) USB.
Boot that USB and choose a Custom Install.
Delete all UEFI partitions on the system drive (EFI System, Recovery, MSR Reserved, Primary).
Select the unallocated space that results and click the Next button. The installer will create the correct partitions and install Windows.
Run Windows Update repeatedly, even across reboots, until no more updates are found.
You may need/want to download and install the latest graphics driver from the Nvidia/AMD website (they change so regularly the latest version isn't always in the Windows libraries).

Freshmeat

Bronze Level Poster
will this recovery medium remember all the iCUE and AURA applications that are installed? I see Corsair software so hoped all that would be on the recovery usb stick.

Freshmeat

Bronze Level Poster
Hi all, got my computer this week.
It’s been working fine and didn’t notice any noise from the fans that would bother me. That is until I ran the recovery utility and reset it back to default yesterday. Now I’m noticing the fans are somewhat louder and I am not sure why. I haven’t touched the pc at all and nothing is resting against it that may make it louder.
Any ideas what’s going on?

I tried MSI After Burner and it doesn’t seem to be running any hotter.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all, got my computer this week.
It’s been working fine and didn’t notice any noise from the fans that would bother me. That is until I ran the recovery utility and reset it back to default yesterday. Now I’m noticing the fans are somewhat louder and I am not sure why. I haven’t touched the pc at all and nothing is resting against it that may make it louder.
Any ideas what’s going on?

I tried MSI After Burner and it doesn’t seem to be running any hotter.
Can you post your full specs from the order page?

When you say the recovery utility do you mean you reset windows? If so that will have completely wiped it and you'll have to configure drivers again.

Freshmeat

Bronze Level Poster
Just to say everything’s working and windows update done and Armoury Crate downloaded and updated the motherboard

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes I wiped it completely and used the USB key to reinstall Windows fresh

It’s the build you recommended @SpyderTracks
Sorry, can you paste the spec to the forum?

Freshmeat

Bronze Level Poster
So here’s what I have:

Case
COOLERMASTER MASTERCASE H500 ARGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® PRIME B450-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.1, 6Gb/s) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
PNY QUADRO P620 - 2GB GDDR5, 512 CUDA Cores - 4 x mDP
1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RM SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 240 High Performance Liquid Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
BullGuard™ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
Browser
Microsoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
2 - 3 DAY DELIVERY TO REPUBLIC OF IRELAND
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 12 to 14 working days

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
I'm not sure what the Recovery Utility is that you are referring to - or why you needed to use it?

The H500 front fans I think are installed via a 3 pin splitter into a single Motherboard fan header - so you should be able to control them via ASUS AI Suite 3 - which is probably the easiest way. Or you can control them via Q-Fan Control within BIOS.....

The rear fan control should be similar.

Freshmeat

Bronze Level Poster
I did see ASUS AI suite 3 inside the armoury crate to download. I’ll give that a try.
How would I do this inside the bios? Is that an F2 press at boot up? @NoddyPirate