Registration Complete , New Member

overthehill

Hi all , I think I'll stick out like a sore thumb on this site as I have no interest in gaming , but it is pleasing to see so many members giving helpful advice , & is interesting reading all the spec's even if I get lost sometimes understanding it all .

Last edited:

Buzz

Master
Hey overthehill.

Welcome to the forums. I think everyone along the way gets lost in all the techy stuff out there. Learning new stuff is all part of the process. If ya dont know something regardless how small may be ask away. If ya dont ask you will never know and we all gotta start somewhere.

overthehill

Thanks for the welcome , glad to be here .. Just a general non techy question then , my paid for Avast Anti Virus expires in October is it worth renewing or going for the free version .

Rakk

The Awesome
Thanks for the welcome , glad to be here .. Just a general non techy question then , my paid for Avast Anti Virus expires in October is it worth renewing or going for the free version .

Well, I know quite a few of here (myself included) use MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) which is free :)

Buzz

Master
Avast free is perfectly fine for home users and also scans for rootkits which a lot of other anti-virus freeware doesnt.