Rep?

Scotch

Gold Level Poster
Just notice for the first time what rep was. I had 55 this morning then shot up to 120+ do you get 1 rep point per person or more or have there been 120 indivual votes for a post ive made?

Torgan

Gold Level Poster
The amount of rep awarded depends on who gives it.

If a new member awards rep, it will only be a point or two, but if one of the "masters" or "experts" for instance who have 1000's of rep points themselves gives you it, it will be a lot more

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Just notice for the first time what rep was. I had 55 this morning then shot up to 120+ do you get 1 rep point per person or more or have there been 120 indivual votes for a post ive made?
If you click on settings at the top of the page you can see who gave you a rep and for what post,and it also shows your own rep power.Members have different rep powers according to the amount of reps and posts they have,I gave you a rep a few minutes ago,I have a rep power of 71 or something like that,which explains the increase.

Last edited:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Rep power of 71. Vanthus use it wisely :)

Well i have the rep power of 2 so a long way to go :)
I tend to give a rep to any post I think has been very helpful,so not sure I use it wisely.:)

Last edited:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Q: Why did the chicken run across the road?
A: There was a car coming.
I edited the "or makes me laugh" bit,in case it was taken the wrong way.
And sorry Scotch,that didn't make me laugh,more of a groan.:)

Scotch

Gold Level Poster
That made me laugh,a bit.Lol,enough of this nonsense,what was the original question again.:)

SmokeDarKnight asked "On the subject i see green bars under names on some posts. it that just an indication of how much rep that post has? "

kruppsy

Master
Rep hunters are going to be inundating you with jokes now mate :)

ehem....There was an inventor called Dean.....

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Rep hunters are going to be inundating you with jokes now mate :)

ehem....There was an inventor called Dean.....
Haha,thats part of the reason I edited it out,but too late methinks.
By the way there is a section for "funnies and jokes", so fire away.:)

Last edited:

Rakk

The Awesome
SmokeDarKnight asked "On the subject i see green bars under names on some posts. it that just an indication of how much rep that post has? "

I think it is actually a (very) vague representation of how much rep the person has.
If you go look at the member list and change the styling of the forums to 'default' instead of 'aesthetica red' - theres a drop down box at the bottom of each page to change it, it changes the rep score to that funny little green bar (and has a tooltip comment to go with it) - my rep score apparently is 'beyond repute' :)