Resolution Problems

ClaytonJoness

Bronze Level Poster
Hi, i recent bought a Radeon 6670 for my desktop to replace my intergrated card.

I put it in my desktop, started it up and its working but it wont let me set the resolution to 1920x1080 which i was previously running.

Any help thanks

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
your graphics card is probably running on a compatibility driver built into windows to allow basic functionality

Try downloading a graphics card driver from AMD here

You may need to go into the Catalyst Control Centre (which will be installed with the driver) to change the resolution

ClaytonJoness

Bronze Level Poster
I have tried to install the latest drivers, but nothing happens once they are installed. When i try set the res i want it says "Out of range"

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Have you disabled onboard graphics?or It could still possibly be a driver problem, try a clean install of the graphics driver.
Click on Start
Open the Control Panel
Select Programs and Features
Select AMD (ATI) Catalyst Install Manager
Click on Change
Click on Next when prompted for the Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard forAMD Catalyst Install Manager,
Select Express Uninstall All Software
Follow the on-screen directions and restart the system when finished
To verify that the graphics driver has been uninstalled, return to the Uninstall or Change a Program list and ensure that there is no AMD specific software listed
If AMD specific software is still listed, remove any remaining AMDsoftware components using the above process and restart the system when complete.
Download latest driver from here.
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
failing that I can only think it might be a faulty graphics card or monitor.

Last edited: