restoring laptop to original state

darsmi

Bronze Level Poster
Hi there.....i bought a Vortex 3 elite from PCS last year and i want to restore it back to factory settings as its full of junk and could do with a good old clear out. I was supplied lots of discs etc when i purchased it, but just need some help in getting it back to original settings.
A step by step tutorial would be great.....but any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks

keynes

Multiverse Poster
You need to do a clean installation of windows, you get instructions in the welcome pack. After that you need to install the drivers, how many CDs did you get? I just got 2, one for windows and the other one for the drivers

darsmi

Bronze Level Poster
Hi Keynes......yea i got a windows 7 disc and a driver disc. So is it a case of just inserting the win 7 disc?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Hi Keynes......yea i got a windows 7 disc and a driver disc. So is it a case of just inserting the win 7 disc?

yeah give it a try, if it boots into windows even with the disc in let us know and we can point you in the right direction to change the boot priority.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
As mentioned,instructions on doing a clean install are given in the welcome booklet,then install drivers from disk provided,insert the drivers disk,an autoplay window should appear,select "Run autorun.exe".Failing this,you can install drivers manually from the disk,just make sure you install the chipset driver first.
You may need to install the graphics driver and wireless card driver from manufacturers websites,after installing drivers check in device manager all is well.

Last edited: