Review and initial thoughts of my order from PCS

bleakcon

I will give the highlights of my PC:

Cosmos C700M case
32GB of RAM
3090 graphics card
A 12 core Ryzen 9 5900X

If anyone is interested in the details I can post my full spec.

Wait time

I waited 17 working days, from placing the order to delivery, I was personally really surprised given the current state of the graphics card market so I have to give credit to PCS for this time.

Support

I made more than a few changes to my order, no dramas no additional charges for doing so and it was all automatic, the only exception to this would be a last minute thought on the motherboard which did incur a charge of £5 which I don't think is unreasonable given it was in building and probably took some time out of someone's day.

Support queries were also answered promptly and effectively.

Delivery

As I ordered a very large case the order was delivered on a pallet, now this was the slight annoyance for me; it was dispatched on the Friday and I had paid for Saturday delivery.

I want to make it very clear this was not even close to PCS' fault, here is what happened: delivery initially looked like it would be the next day, unfortunately at around 1pm PCS informed me that the company delivering pallets had changed it to the following week.

Particularly irritating as I had stayed in that day but to PCS' credit they tried their best to sort it out on the day and when that failed tried to get it delivered yesterday, again, unfortunately the delivery service did not have the capacity to deliver so here we are today.

The actual delivery was good, the case was securely attached to the pallet in the cases original packaging and the pallet itself was delivered to my door despite the unusually long walk given I am in the middle of no where.

Bare in mind this really is only going to apply to 2 or maybe 3 cases PCS currently offer; it would be nice if the tracking number links to the pallet companys' tracking just as is it does with the usual courier, a real nit-pick though.

Packaging

I can't praise PCS enough, they carefully packaged everything, they also added ample support packaging for the graphics card.
This no doubt helped mitigate any damage, this is especially useful for some of the 30 series cards and latest AMD cards as they are heavy and could probably cause damage during transit without such packaging.

Computer comes packaged with unused parts in a separate box and a welcome book.

Build Quality

All the components were as described, installation looks solid, the computer POSTed on first power up absolutely no drama.

All the case USB ports

Cable management

Professional, clean cable management, again, no dramas here.

Software

No surprises, came with everything installed that should be and no extras.

Conclusion

Great service from PCS, build is of great quality with attention to detail.

I might post a follow up after time has passed, overall a very good experience thankyou PCS.

TomBerry

Bright Spark
We need some photos of this beauty 😍 Please could you also post your full timeline of Processing > Pre-Production > In Building etc?

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I will give the highlights of my PC:

Cosmos C700M case
32GB of RAM
3090 graphics card
A 12 core Ryzen 9 5900X

If anyone is interested in the details I can post my full spec.

Wait time

I waited 17 working days, from placing the order to delivery, I was personally really surprised given the current state of the graphics card market so I have to give credit to PCS for this time.

Support

I made more than a few changes to my order, no dramas no additional charges for doing so and it was all automatic, the only exception to this would be a last minute thought on the motherboard which did incur a charge of £5 which I don't think is unreasonable given it was in building and probably took some time out of someone's day.

Support queries were also answered promptly and effectively.

Delivery

As I ordered a very large case the order was delivered on a pallet, now this was the slight annoyance for me; it was dispatched on the Friday and I had paid for Saturday delivery.

I want to make it very clear this was not even close to PCS' fault, here is what happened: delivery initially looked like it would be the next day, unfortunately at around 1pm PCS informed me that the company delivering pallets had changed it to the following week.

Particularly irritating as I had stayed in that day but to PCS' credit they tried their best to sort it out on the day and when that failed tried to get it delivered yesterday, again, unfortunately the delivery service did not have the capacity to deliver so here we are today.

The actual delivery was good, the case was securely attached to the pallet in the cases original packaging and the pallet itself was delivered to my door despite the unusually long walk given I am in the middle of no where.

Bare in mind this really is only going to apply to 2 or maybe 3 cases PCS currently offer; it would be nice if the tracking number links to the pallet companys' tracking just as is it does with the usual courier, a real nit-pick though.

Packaging

I can't praise PCS enough, they carefully packaged everything, they also added ample support packaging for the graphics card.
This no doubt helped mitigate any damage, this is especially useful for some of the 30 series cards and latest AMD cards as they are heavy and could probably cause damage during transit without such packaging.

Computer comes packaged with unused parts in a separate box and a welcome book.

Build Quality

All the components were as described, installation looks solid, the computer POSTed on first power up absolutely no drama.

All the case USB ports

Cable management

Professional, clean cable management, again, no dramas here.

Software

No surprises, came with everything installed that should be and no extras.

Conclusion

Great service from PCS, build is of great quality with attention to detail.

I might post a follow up after time has passed, overall a very good experience thankyou PCS.
This is amazing, and that seems very speedy for a 3090! Very happy to hear you’re pleased with your experience so far and I’m sure PCS themselves would be delighted to hear that in an email too! ;) Now we just need some pictures of this beast!

loso64

that was quick. I sadly went for Strix version of 3090, otherwise i have similiar build, just fully watercooled. So far 21 days in pre production, however support guy told me that they did receive stock for all current strix 3090 cards, but due to the load it still might take 2-3 weeks.

bleakcon

We need some photos of this beauty 😍 Please could you also post your full timeline of Processing > Pre-Production > In Building etc?

Processed Date24-04-2021
Pre-Production Date30-04-2021
Build Date07-05-2021
Test Date13-05-2021
Awaiting Dispatch Date14-05-2021
Dispatch Date14-05-2021

bleakcon

Unfortunately does not work if you made changes to the original order hence why I didn't copy and paste.