Reviews on Amazon that BF3 is poor?

NilSatis

Bright Spark
Wow it almost looks like a bunch of spambot reviews they are all so similar and yet they clearly arent spambots.

I cant help but agree to the fact that Origin is pretty bad; but to rate the game 1 star because of this is beyond a joke. It all seems to function well enough for me; and Im confident EA wont misuse their "access" to my personal gaming information. What really can they do with it?! They dont have access to half the things these people claim they do; they just want your GPU; hardware; and what games you are playing of theirs; to basically sell more. Not a problem to me; as long as they include an opt out feature as Steam does....thats right, if you have never opted out of anything on Steam they also do something very similar, just dont demand that you "opt in" and give you the option not to partake in this.

A lot of these people must go to bed wearing tin foil hats; I had Origin anyway and read the Eula. A lot of the things these people are moaning about are in the EULA plain and simple if you want to read it. They are supposed to be reviewing the game; and for me so far its a lot of fun; if they managed to review the game they accepted the EULA and played the game, so they should have given it a better rating on the game itself and not some conspiricy theory bull. I agree you shouldnt have to agree to installing Origin to play this but this is the way online gaming is going on the pc. Makes me believe they still think there is a big market in it and am all the happier for that.

As for how buggy the game is, I did just get a strange crash but it is early days and the game is just out so I can let that one slide for now; the game runs great on maximum settings on my rig; seems well optimised; and looks and plays great. In a nutshell dont let those reviews put you off in the slightest. Having said that I have just played single player so far, and it is what you would expect it to be; not as epic as multiplayer but a good fps campaign with all the bells and whistles you would expect. The multiplayer will be great. Buy it and have some fun.

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
i think it's mostly people who tried to activate their game early on... the origin servers got overloaded, but it seems to be fine now

MadMan

Super Star
Thanks guys, Im downloading it now and its on 2.2 MB/sec so it'll finish in an hour and half.

Dayve

Didn't read the reviews but I get the gist from the replies here. First of all I've had absolutely no problems installing the game, or installing Origin which I only did this morning. There are one or two issues. Very very minor graphical glitches, they'll be fixed. Very minor server joining problems. They'll be fixed.

Aside from those things this game seriously, honestly to all the gods lives up to the immense hype created over the last few months and is a worthy successor to BF2. They didn't, like I was worried they might, change so much from BF2 as to make it completely unrecognizeable from what us BF2 fans were expecting, but has built on BF2, and all those new things are great. The new maps are great, the fact that we'll be getting some old favourites from BF2 is great, the destruction capabilities are great, the sound, the graphics, everything is an improvement on BF2, without exception.

Anybody giving this game 1 star is either a hardcore CoD fanboy that wants to harm the sales of the game, or rating the GAME based on the troubles of ORIGIN, which is sheer idiocy as this is a review for BF3, not a review for Origin. I give it 5 stars.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Ive not played the single player at all, but had 0 problems installing and onyl a minor problem playing so far, for some reaosn I had to remap the right mouse button when I first started, and occasionally going into origin chat my right mouse button keybinding dissapears lol, but again this is something that can be fixed, and hasnt stopped me playing.

So for multiplayer I give it an easy 5 stars, absolutley stunning game. Single player ill rate once I play it, but im more than likley gonna enjoy it, always enjoy any single player tbh lol.