RGB Fan

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
So, should I just spray some glow-vis paint at the front of my case to see where it's all going, and then add another fan on the rear (there isn't currently one) to suck air IN and push extra air OUT through the top 2 radiator fans?

...only asking as the rear of my 220T iCUE is a bit 'dark' compared to the front/top.

...and where does everything plug in, as I've only removed the cabling side cover once after I noticed it was a bit bowed out due to the amount of cables overlapping/bunched into 1 cable-tie.
Show @AgentCooper a photo of that he loves cable management......................

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
You don’t actually need to add another fan to your iCue 200T with your choice of cooler, it’ll be fine as is on the thermal front. Have you just got the urge to add something shiny in there? 😜
Yes, just feel the back is missing a bit of colour, and even looking at the Corsair website I'm not sure if my case has a core/pro/commander/RGB hub or what....and that's before I have to decide between an ML/QL/SP/LL/XX/PQ/DP fan type.

Plus I can't find a way to turn off the stupid bright white Zotac logo on the 3070, or how to make the bottom front fan (of the 3) follow my instructions. The top 2 are fine, but the bottom one ignores all speed controlling efforts (RGB control is fine).

But I don't want to risk breaking anything, so I'll probably leave it as is unless I can see VERY easy instructions (I'm a Mac user normally...and since I moved on from my old MacPros, the most 'modifying' I've done is to install SSDs in place of HDDs in MacMinis.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
It comes with the lighting node core that looks like this...

FG06KCS_193559_750x750.jpg

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It comes with the lighting node core that looks like this...

View attachment 20954
So, from my extensive research, that will control the RGB and the speed comes from the board PWM?

I should have a slot or two spare if the front fans use 3 slots, and the AIO uses a 1-3 (does this use a single channel or one for each of the fans & pump?).

If I want to control the speed as well as the RGB from the iCUE software I'd need the Corsair Commander Pro unit I think, and a 120mm or 140mm fan in the same SP specification to ensure the RGB works the same as some have more/less LEDs...although it looks like the front fans are SP and the AIO fans are ML...more confusion...and I haven't even opened up the case yet o_O

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
So, from my extensive research, that will control the RGB and the speed comes from the board PWM?

I should have a slot or two spare if the front fans use 3 slots, and the AIO uses a 1-3 (does this use a single channel or one for each of the fans & pump?).

I'd need to prise off the side of my 220T when I get home to check and see how many are in use, my set-up is virtually identical to yours. Or if you have a look first, let me know!

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Right, finally took my cover off again...to find this...

IMG_4198.jpg
IMG_4199.jpg

I have snipped off the cable tie in the red area and positioned the cables vertically...which also allows room for the cables in the green area to flatten down a little to enable the case to close more easily, but there's more multi-level thick cabling towards there bottom, which means I currently need a hand on the top, middle, bottom and back at the same time to be able to engage all the catches.

One benefit is there's definitely a spare connector to connect a 140mm rear fan to ;)

As soon as I release the screws and pull the cover back slightly, this is how much the over pops up...
IMG_4202.jpg

Investigating further shows there is more than one area that's causing this and I'll have to spend some time unsnipping the cable ties to sort it out - maybe when I put the new fan in.

IMG_4200.jpg

IMG_4201.jpg

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Right, finally took my cover off again...to find this...

View attachment 21040View attachment 21041

I have snipped off the cable tie in the red area and positioned the cables vertically...which also allows room for the cables in the green area to flatten down a little to enable the case to close more easily, but there's more multi-level thick cabling towards there bottom, which means I currently need a hand on the top, middle, bottom and back at the same time to be able to engage all the catches.

One benefit is there's definitely a spare connector to connect a 140mm rear fan to ;)

As soon as I release the screws and pull the cover back slightly, this is how much the over pops up...
View attachment 21043

Investigating further shows there is more than one area that's causing this and I'll have to spend to some unsnipping the cable ties to sort it out - maybe when I put the new fan in.

View attachment 21045

View attachment 21046
Good investigation there.

I would send an email to PCS linking to this thread, not so much to complain or anything (unless you feel you want to), but to help them with training, I think the assembler of this PC has fallen short on the cable management.