rtx 3070 sales preference according to upgrade / build ?

Ash_

Master Poster
Now it just went into testing 0.0 18 days :D yayy :) i didn't expect it to be done so soon becouse i have a 3070-5800x config
There is a massive influx of 3070s everywhere and 5800x has been easily available for a few weeks now i believe.

Ungaro87

I am number 7 in the queue asking about the 5900X as someone in another thread said that PCS have around 70 in stock.
I heard there are some in stock so I think I'll wait on the 5900x.

A small part of my logic is saying swap the 3070 for a 3080 because everyone doing the opposite and I'll be the only person wanting the 3080 and PCS will have a huge stockpile because of all the previous orders...

Ash_

Master Poster
I heard there are some in stock so I think I'll wait on the 5900x.

A small part of my logic is saying swap the 3070 for a 3080 because everyone doing the opposite and I'll be the only person wanting the 3080 and PCS will have a huge stockpile because of all the previous orders...
3070 has a lot of supply. 3080 has near enough none still. It could work, but youā€™re going from getting your build in next few days, to next few months potentially, for a gpu that will only really help you, if youā€™re 4K gaming.

Ungaro87

3070 has a lot of supply. 3080 has near enough none still. It could work, but youā€™re going from getting your build in next few days, to next few months potentially, for a gpu that will only really help you, if youā€™re 4K gaming.
Yeah I wasn't be serious about changing my order to 3080. I always had the 3070 from the get go and I think based on others should get mine in within the next 2 weeks.

Currently at 32 working days and have just now downgraded from the 3080 to the 3070 (in hindsight, I didn't need the 3080...it was a want rather than need!). Wonder how long until I too go into build...hopefully not another 32 days lol

LJP

Currently at 32 working days and have just now downgraded from the 3080 to the 3070 (in hindsight, I didn't need the 3080...it was a want rather than need!). Wonder how long until I too go into build...hopefully not another 32 days lol
I have been at 3070 from the start. Went into build yesterday (17 workings days) and will be arriving tomorrow after being dispatched today. By my experience and reading the forums, if you switch to the 3070 is shouldn't be long at all.

IBrown

Still waiting in pre-production on 27 working days now. Changed my case as apparently the 275r tempered glass case wasn't actually tempered glass but was acrylic instead. Said on Friday that i wanted to stick with the acrylic thinking this would get me though faster but called on Monday to check if a change had been made and the person I spoke to said because they don't stock the acrylic there was nothing to change the order to so couldnt be sure. finally decided on changing to 4000d which apparently there were 90 in stock at the time. Cannot understand why I'm still waiting when people who ordered 2 weeks after me are getting their rigs.

Ungaro87

I have been at 3070 from the start. Went into build yesterday (17 workings days) and will be arriving tomorrow after being dispatched today. By my experience and reading the forums, if you switch to the 3070 is shouldn't be long at all.
What CPU did you get?

GioSte

I got a Zotac gpu. It's beautiful

Attachments

• 20210127_111036.jpg
    20210127_111036.jpg
    963.2 KB · Views: 214
Last edited: