rtx 3070 sales preference according to upgrade / build ?

steaky360

I'm not sure whether anyone will be able to give an answer with any authority unfortunately... you can find examples of current wait times in the larger threads specific to each of the cards but sadly I'd sit tight for a longer wait...

I do think the 3070 (at least appears) has a less of a wait than the 3080 does from what I've seen here, but not sure if that is because of lower demand, higher supply or a combination of the two.

Ungaro87

I am waiting as well. I put my order in on the 03/01/2021 still on pre-production.

I also have the wait for the 5900x. I'm really not sure how long to expect but judging on others I'm thinking it will be another month at least

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I’m at 21 working days, still in pre-production with a 5800x CPU and RTX 3070. How much longer until I go into building?
No one can tell you, please read up on the stickies to familiarise yourself with the current worldwide stock issues.

Ungaro87

Reading back through the thread should give some idea
I've worked out that I have about 2 weeks to wait until mine is shipped plus another 2 weeks when those first 2 go by and I'm still disappointed.

I just know I'm going to get an email from PCS and I'll get all excited and it's just an update explaining there is a delay and I need to wait another 30 days.

lukeevo4

I have my own IT business and was able to get some 3070s from our suppliers. By the sounds 3070 production is going to ramp up in the next couple weeks/months and they have signed a new contract with Samsung to expand production capacity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boomer

Bronze Level Poster
PC turned up on Tuesday. Had some minor issues in getting it set up:
* BT/WiFi drivers needed to be updated following Windows 10 update.
* Graphics card needed to be reseated (wiggled loose in transit maybe)
But other than that, it is all fine and dandy.

If you are still waiting for yours .... it is worth the wait when it comes.

Spec and pictures below.

* 3070 card is a Palit GamingPro. Looks lovely.
* Previous PC had a GTX970 so this is a big improvement. Have tried out a few games. RDR2 is amazing. Huge improvement .. mainly noticed in lighting/shadows.
* Boots in about 10 seconds (combination of M.2 drive and clean windows install)
* Almost completely silent.

Case is a FD7 which is completely enclosed. I had not realised how pretty the RGB was going to be.
It does come with a clear panel option which I am now looking to purchase.

1612613503409.png

Attachments

• P1.jpg
    P1.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 187
  • P2.jpg
    P2.jpg
    367.5 KB · Views: 187
  • P3.jpg
    P3.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 198

Boomer

Bronze Level Poster
@Boomer If I was you, I would check with Fractal before buying the Tempered panel as I don't believe it fits the Define 7 Quiet. There are 2 Define 7s, the normal (Quiet) one and the Tempered Window one, presumably as the tempered side panel defeats the purpose of the sound deadening used.

If you check the Fractal site and the Tempered glass panel page, it doesn't list the non-clear panelled case as compatible (bottom of the page):

I could be wrong of course but i would check first as those panels arent exactly cheap
Ah. Thanks Nursemorph. I will just have to satisfy my RGB love by taking the door off from time to time. ;-)

Stephen M

Author Level
Unfortunately fitting a window in the door would almost certainly void warranty. Pity it would look good.

Gomes44

Good morning my friends
I m currently waiting on 16 working days. I did call PCS this morning and the news were.... Not for another month. 😔 Stay strong everyone.

Rollo229

Bronze Level Poster
Good morning my friends
I m currently waiting on 16 working days. I did call PCS this morning and the news were.... Not for another month. 😔 Stay strong everyone.
what CPU did you go for? my friend got his to building in 18 working days with a 3070