RTX 3080

Durakus

Bronze Level Poster
In other news. I failed my patience check. And dealt a critical blow to my wallet with a 3090 :( But seeing as how everything else in life so far for me has been a disaster, I think I can treat myself.

Just know that my icon is how I'm looking at myself in the mirror.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
So tempted to do the same. I just know ill hate myself for it 🤣
Patience does not mean to passively endure.

It means to be farsighted enough to trust the end result of a process.

What does patience mean?

It means to look at the thorn and see the rose,

To look at the night and see the dawn.

- Elif Shafak

Bbl

Patience does not mean to passively endure.

It means to be farsighted enough to trust the end result of a process.

What does patience mean?

It means to look at the thorn and see the rose,

To look at the night and see the dawn.

- Elif Shafak
Wise words indeed

KamLoq

Well, I don't mind telling you. I've placed an order with a competitor whom I've confirmed have 3080s in stock (for builds only). There is a slight delay on the case (14th Jan) and CPU but have been given a delivery, that's delivery date of 1st Feb, if not sooner. The cost is about £150 more but can be argued either way as there are some differences but I should be achieving some cashback.

I won't be naming who as I don't want to break forums rules. But for those who are thinking of spending another £500-700 more on a 3090 just to get it a bit faster, I wonder if there are alternative solutions out there?

I'll be keeping my PCS order for now to have two horses in the race, but I can't see them beating this date.

jklondon

Bronze Level Poster
Well, I don't mind telling you. I've placed an order with a competitor whom I've confirmed have 3080s in stock (for builds only). There is a slight delay on the case (14th Jan) and CPU but have been given a delivery, that's delivery date of 1st Feb, if not sooner. The cost is about £150 more but can be argued either way as there are some differences but I should be achieving some cashback.

I won't be naming who as I don't want to break forums rules. But for those who are thinking of spending another £500-700 more on a 3090 just to get it a bit faster, I wonder if there are alternative solutions out there?

I'll be keeping my PCS order for now to have two horses in the race, but I can't see them beating this date.
I spoke with another provider this morning 5950x and 3090 all in stock its the 3080 thats the problem. Also he reminded me about the 3080 Ti - expecting more colour on that in the next few weeks. Never straightforward buying a new PC :)

Scottmask

Silver Level Poster
Update for anyone wanting clarity on their position for order.

order placed: 05-11-2020
cpu: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.8GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
gpu: 10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP (Xmas delivery not guaranteed)
pre-production: 42 days
last update from PCS: 23/11/2020

i may speak to a competitor and see if they can guarantee a January delivery date for a 5900x and a 3080.

cannot fathom why PCS have prioritized single GPU sales over build orders, it baffles me.

Smqtt

I guess it’s not really relevant due to the fact I switched to the 3090 and no longer have a 3080 in my build but after 54WD, pc has finally gone into building! :)

changed from a standard 3080 on Friday to a 3090 standard and now in building for anyone who wanted to know :)

I guess it’s not really relevant due to the fact I switched to the 3090 and no longer have a 3080 in my build but after 54WD, pc has finally gone into building! :)

changed from a standard 3080 on Friday to a 3090 standard and now in building for anyone who wanted to know :)
This is the content we come for.
qPizAv.gif

Scully

I'm on the cursed 3080 and 5900x combo. 33 working days in. I'm sticking with it though unless the 3080ti comes out before my 3080 comes in

AnthWolf

Though I'm similar to SMQTT and had indulged in the extra cost for a 3090 I wanted to thank everyone here for their support during the 3080 wait prior to Xmas.

Came home from work to an email letting me know my desktop had gone into building today, it's been a long wait. Made even longer by going for the 5950X CPU as well but after 46 Working Days there's light at the end of the tunnel and I hope it won't be long for you all to be in the same situation!

Bradley23

Though I'm similar to SMQTT and had indulged in the extra cost for a 3090 I wanted to thank everyone here for their support during the 3080 wait prior to Xmas.

Came home from work to an email letting me know my desktop had gone into building today, it's been a long wait. Made even longer by going for the 5950X CPU as well but after 46 Working Days there's light at the end of the tunnel and I hope it won't be long for you all to be in the same situation!
when did you upgrade to the 3090 ?

AnthWolf

when did you upgrade to the 3090 ?
I upgraded on Xmas Eve, along with upping my CPU from the 3900XT to the 5950X.

I did speak to Technical following that after Xmas and upped my PSU and Cooling appropriately.

Someone had mentioned that the 3090 were in-stock and likely to be more available so I took the chance. I won't need the extra 10-15% performance, to be fair, it's overpriced but I talked myself into it.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I couldn't afford any of the new CPUs and GPUs...so I simply printed out a picture of a 5900x and a 3090 and stuck them inside the clear case panel...so I now have a 5900x and a 3090 and they were no delays in delivery ;)

My apologies but this thread gets so serious sometimes that it needs the odd moments of levity to relieve the tension :)
But what brand were they

Bradley23

I upgraded on Xmas Eve, along with upping my CPU from the 3900XT to the 5950X.

I did speak to Technical following that after Xmas and upped my PSU and Cooling appropriately.

Someone had mentioned that the 3090 were in-stock and likely to be more available so I took the chance. I won't need the extra 10-15% performance, to be fair, it's overpriced but I talked myself into it.
I upgraded to a 3090 just now, overkill and overpriced but lockdown got me going crazy lol