RTX 3080

UNDY91

Went into testing last night at around 9pm and awaiting dispatch this morning. I had an email from PCS yesterday morning asking to change my case as the GPU wouldn't fit in the one I originally selected. As soon as that change was made it went right through build and testing in the one day.
1618562834452.png

Magadeep

Bronze Level Poster
We are almost there! Fingers crossed the great cardboard box/packing foam/polystyrene/packing tape/PCS ribbon/PCS bow shortage of 2021 doesn't hold up the dispatch
1618565667024.png

Magadeep

Bronze Level Poster
I'd dropped a couple of things from my build to stock probably made it easier. It's my first actual PC so Ill be installing some components myself just to get a feel for how it works. When I get something new I like to find out how stuff interacts with eachother incase I need to remove or replace parts. Did the same with my mountain bike, completely stripped it then rebuilt it after a week just to see how everything fitted.
Same for me, first ever proper gaming PC since my childhood days of rollercoaster tycoon 2, the sims and the first Harry Potter game (what a game). Can't wait to see what this bad boy 3080 can do. I've been a console gamer up until now but it's time to make the switch. My xbox one x died a death a month or so ago after receiving it's 3rd or 4th heart bypass (deconstruction, cleaning and thermal paste replacement). Which meant I've been on my original xbox one since then which has now also started crashing and thermal shutdowns. They know they are being replaced. Either that or Microsoft bloatware is trying to get me to upgrade 👀 Where did I put my tin foil hat?

JzB

Bronze Level Poster
Same for me, first ever proper gaming PC since my childhood days of rollercoaster tycoon 2, the sims and the first Harry Potter game (what a game). Can't wait to see what this bad boy 3080 can do. I've been a console gamer up until now but it's time to make the switch. My xbox one x died a death a month or so ago after receiving it's 3rd or 4th heart bypass (deconstruction, cleaning and thermal paste replacement). Which meant I've been on my original xbox one since then which has now also started crashing and thermal shutdowns. They know they are being replaced. Either that or Microsoft bloatware is trying to get me to upgrade 👀 Where did I put my tin foil hat?
Pretty much exactly the same for me. I had theme park world instead of rollercoaster Tycoon also the had the Harry potter game although I only played around half as it kept crashing at a certain point. Been on the original Xbox one since about 2014 year after release I think. Never had any issues what so ever with it, apart from it struggling with frame drops and stutters etc in the last year or so. Also can't wait for 3080 power lol haven't even seen what over 60fps looks like, most games locked at 30fps so I'm pretty excited for the smoothness. Finally got round to allocating funds for a good PC as I spend most it of on mountain biking (Got two pretty damm expensive hobbies now lol). By the time I'm done with all Pc and all peripherals desk, chair, monitor etc the bike alone is still worth more lol

Magadeep

Bronze Level Poster
Pretty much exactly the same for me. I had theme park world instead of rollercoaster Tycoon also the had the Harry potter game although I only played around half as it kept crashing at a certain point. Been on the original Xbox one since about 2014 year after release I think. Never had any issues what so ever with it, apart from it struggling with frame drops and stutters etc in the last year or so. Also can't wait for 3080 power lol haven't even seen what over 60fps looks like, most games locked at 30fps so I'm pretty excited for the smoothness. Finally got round to allocating funds for a good PC as I spend most it of on mountain biking (Got two pretty damm expensive hobbies now lol). By the time I'm done with all Pc and all peripherals desk, chair, monitor etc the bike alone is still worth more lol
Oh the frames on xbox, don't get me started. The latest fun and games is when the xbox starts to overheat it just disconnects the headset, I've given up with sound on the xbox all together now so literally all I'm playing at the moment is rocket league because game sound isn't that big a deal and I'm joining my PC mates on discord on an Ipad. Looking forward to being able to try PUBG on PC as that's the game I played the most on xbox. But got a whole new world of games to play as well now and it'll be so nice to have hardware that can run triple A titles in buttery smooth goodness.

From what the form has been saying they should be getting a large shipment of parts today and hopefully some more boxes. I think the evergreen issue in the suez canal made everything slow way down. As soon as I see in building/dispatched I'm booking like a week off

I am hopeful it won't be too long for me but mine has been stuck in testing for 7 days now....so close yet so far away! At least they should have plenty of boxes and packing by the time mine is ready for dispatch :)

Magadeep

Bronze Level Poster
Packaging materials came in, my PC has been dispatched today :)
OHHHHHHHH Boy, mine still currently in awaiting dispatch so I hope they are loading and scanning as we speak. Suspect that packagegate may have led to another bottleneck and there are a fair few orders awaiting dispatch. Fingers crossed they get out to DPD today so some progress is made over the weekend ready for a nice Monday morning delivery......and who said optimism dies at the 100+ day mark?

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
OHHHHHHHH Boy, mine still currently in awaiting dispatch so I hope they are loading and scanning as we speak. Suspect that packagegate may have led to another bottleneck and there are a fair few orders awaiting dispatch. Fingers crossed they get out to DPD today so some progress is made over the weekend ready for a nice Monday morning delivery......and who said optimism dies at the 100+ day mark?
Mine is with FedEx, it's maybe worth to give them a call or contact them via live chat just so you can rest your mind and have confirmation :D

Magadeep

Bronze Level Poster
Mine is with FedEx, it's maybe worth to give them a call or contact them via live chat just so you can rest your mind and have confirmation :D
Is yours heading off to Ireland or Europe by any chance? I thought they used DPD for UK delivery. Mine only went into awaiting dispatch status this morning and I think I've hit my 'can I speak to the manager' quota at this stage from all the bumps in the road up until now.

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Is yours heading off to Ireland or Europe by any chance? I thought they used DPD for UK delivery. Mine only went into awaiting dispatch status this morning and I think I've hit my 'can I speak to the manager' quota at this stage from all the bumps in the road up until now.
Yeah sorry, forgot to say mine is coming to Italy :)

Scully

Mine was dispatched today, was looking to see if I could upgrade for a Saturday delivery but probably left it too late as the option doesn't appear!

Weebl

Working day 45 for me...

I decided to upgrade from a Ryzen 9 3950X, to the Ryzen 9 5950x.

I felt like it was my reward for getting halfway towards the end game!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Mine was dispatched today, was looking to see if I could upgrade for a Saturday delivery but probably left it too late as the option doesn't appear!
Download the DPD app and pop your details in there. There’s a chance you might be able to upgrade to a Saturday / Sunday delivery for a fee 👍