RTX 3080

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
How do you find out what game you got?
When you go into your order, click "Show" and scroll down to the bottom, it should show any games you're potentially eligible for at the bottom, like this:

Capture.JPG

Ryddill

I just got an email that my rear fan is out of stock
1604408753978.png

My build includes the Strix 3080 OC. Do you think is similar to the false alarm with the power supplies? I tried to call but the line is busy.

Robert88

View attachment 19411
My build includes the Strix 3080 OC. Do you think is similar to the false alarm with the power supplies? I tried to call but the line is busy.
I too have had this email today, and ye I would suspect its the same case with the PSU from yesterday. I just removed the fan from the order.

Also looks like I am Getting CoD with the promotion code.

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
View attachment 19411

Most likely another automated email when stuff is going to be out of stock for longer than usual.

Also I believe the Rog Strix 3080 is the NON OC version, at least there is no mention of OC on the option in the configuration.
I've been reading on a few enthusiast forums that very few non OC cards have been produced as Asus are throwing their efforts into distributing the OC version first, take that as a rumour though as I don't have any inside knowledge.

Ryddill

I think a few early in this thread received the OC version to their surprise.

I was just on the phone with PCS, the email about the fan is very similar to the PSU one last week. The email does not mean the cards are in stock but changing the part means if the card comes in that can be allocated to you then they can start production on the build.

I asked about the ROG Strix 3080 being OC. Generally they are OC, the option is to indicate you have ordered a premium version of the card.

justafolk

so.. Is there a way to know what position in the queue one would fall to, before making a purchase?

Seeing here 1 month+ waits at least, and would like to at least know the queue position before splurging £2k on a system.

Many thanks.

so.. Is there a way to know what position in the queue one would fall to, before making a purchase?

Seeing here 1 month+ waits at least, and would like to at least know the queue position before splurging £2k on a system.

Many thanks.
They can't even tell you the position when you are in it for 33 working days so no

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor

Many thanks.
It wouldn't help. Because you don't know how fast the queue is moving.

Many thanks.
More chance getting blood from a stone 32 working days not even a word to give an estimate on when it will be completed

masouth

Many thanks.
and that is a very good question, and very reasonable, if they want the business they should be able to provide a relative indication of your queue position and timings based on completed orders to date - sadly the wont provide this and its the cause of much warranted frustration for many.
They can't even tell you the position when you are in it for 33 working days so no
agreed.

How can they give you an estimate on when it will be completed when they have no idea themselves? They have no idea when the stock will come in, or how many units.
They could say we have completed x amount of orders we have x amount of pre orders left pretty simple really just a bit of information like that goes along way, they where quick enough to take my 2.5k

masouth

Make no mistake it is most certainly PCS's fault that they don't have an ordering system that meets the basic needs of its customers, irrespective of the rate they receive stock. They don't need to know the quantity of stock that is arriving in the future to make an estimate, you simply look where someone is in the queue and using the rate of stock observed in previous weeks estimate what it could be, but caveat that estimate with a statement about the rate of stock arriving remaining similar.

The problem is that their ordering system doesn't allow our relative position in the "queue" to be easily understood. For what it is worth, if your the kind of person who doesn't like not knowing where you stand then simply don't do business with PCS on new release items.

Now in the interest of being constructive PCS could be:

- Tweeting every time they complete an order containing the 3080
- Tweeting every time they receive stock, with a photo.
- Weekly emailing updates

justafolk

It wouldn't help. Because you don't know how fast the queue is moving.

A number of queue size would still be better than nothing.

I'm not asking for a completion date (although sure as, that would be nice ), I'm asking if it would be possible to know how many people would be in my same position queued up before me, before committing to a purchase going in the couple of thousand £s.

stegor

Bright Spark
They don't need to know the quantity of stock that is arriving in the future to make an estimate, you simply look where someone is in the queue and using the rate of stock observed in previous weeks
There are no "previous weeks" with a new graphics card like the 3080. Estimates are impossible at the moment.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

And if folk aren't twits on twitter?

Gavras

Master Poster
Make no mistake it is most certainly PCS's fault that they don't have an ordering system that meets the basic needs of its customers, irrespective of the rate they receive stock. They don't need to know the quantity of stock that is arriving in the future to make an estimate, you simply look where someone is in the queue and using the rate of stock observed in previous weeks estimate what it could be, but caveat that estimate with a statement about the rate of stock arriving remaining similar.

The problem is that their ordering system doesn't allow our relative position in the "queue" to be easily understood. For what it is worth, if your the kind of person who doesn't like not knowing where you stand then simply don't do business with PCS on new release items.

That sounds like a post that has no clue on order management within a company handling multiple orders for individuals, satisfying company orders and facing a huge unknown the same as every other company expecting an NVidia card, that at end of day is still suspect.

your constructive ideas are plainly pointless, there is zero chance any employer would want anyone spending their day and the employers salary taking photos.

stock tracker https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-3070-3090

Last edited: