RTX 3080

Gavras

Master Poster
it only take a 5 mins to post a tweet, they do it regularly already, its good marketing. Im sure many here would like to know every time 3080 get shipped, so it wouldn't be pointless for many, but i appreciate it may not be of interest to you.
Again lack of understanding.

not everyone has Twitter, it’s a pointless application for pointless people (just look at celebs etc).

announcing every time there is a new order satisfied without knowing total number of orders is again pointless and likely add to frustration.

say they said they had released 500 cards, great but against what number of orders and at what stage are the orders.

just because another company says it has 5000 orders and is getting in 250 cards, does not make it true as plenty companies highly inflate orders when there is a short supply.

say there are 5 x 3080 order PC’s awaiting parts including 1 that had a 3080 fail during test.

when do you decide to allocate those builds cards?

what if new parts are delayed 4 weeks, do you still allocate a new 3080, they all ordered not long after launch and should be up at front.

do you then have 5 x 3080 cards simply sitting around for 5 weeks, or do you satisfy 5 other orders.

again a number of people have no clue on stock management and global supply chains.

If the likes of Dell and HP with their buying power are going to be in short supply, no one else has much of a chance tbh.

Gavras

Master Poster
So just to confirm Spyder you literally just liked a post which called me and other people who use twitter pointless?
Yes Twitter is pointless when there is an assumption made that people have it or use it.

it has a limited use and that is mainly within certain business sectors.

For an organisation it’s is a potential social hand grenade.

For individuals, who cares if they had a new type of coffee for breakfast.

A classic example is Trump and his Twitter usage, between him and kardasians that sums up Twitter users.

Robert88

I ordered my 3080 System a few weeks ago after speaking to PCS and being told they are predicting late November for completion. I have received an email saying my estimated build date is the 16th of November (Obviously not a set date) But based on what I have read in the forum is safe to bet that I won't be getting it that early?

I understand that the 3080s are limited and no ones really know when they will be shipped there is a list of customers still waiting but was wondering how accurate the predicted emails are based on others' experience of waiting for their 3080 systems?.
The predicted emails for 3080 builds should be totally ignored at this point. TBH even anything your told via an email about when you might get it. I was told 3 weeks ago id have it in 2 weeks, then told yesterday they had no idea when, all depends when stock turns up, which apparently they have no idea on either. It appears to be sadly, guess work at this point, just have to sit tight and be patient.

Robert88

Ok, thanks for the reply. I already accept that I would be waiting for quite some time. It's a shame Nvidia was not able to produce enough cards but it's just something we have to deal with. Just gonna have to wait and see how long it will take.
Indeed, it is a shame however that PCS don't do a system like others, they show the amount of outstanding orders for 3080 cards across each make etc, then how many 3080's are expected for delivery that week. Like now I can see they have 2894 Outstanding pre-orders across all makes and models (you can see how many for each), this week they expect delivery of 324 3080's (model not specified).

But those numbers just show how crazy limited the supply is to retailers right now, I just feel if their was something similar set-up by PCS then maybe the phone lines wouldn't be jammed all day!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Indeed, it is a shame however that PCS don't do a system like others, they show the amount of outstanding orders for 3080 cards across each make etc, then how many 3080's are expected for delivery that week. Like now I can see they have 2894 Outstanding pre-orders across all makes and models (you can see how many for each), this week they expect delivery of 324 3080's (model not specified).

But those numbers just show how crazy limited the supply is to retailers right now, I just feel if their was something similar set-up by PCS then maybe the phone lines wouldn't be jammed all day!
No System Builder shows available stock levels, it's not something that can be done.

You're refering to individual parts marketplaces which are an entirely different business and stock system.

This is what the site you referenced shows when ordering a 3080 build:

1604494173981.png

So until you place the order, you have no idea when it will be fulfilled, just like PCS. And their stock issues will be exactly the same as PCS.

Voeille

Bronze Level Poster
I don't care or use social media, however it'd be nice if they had information somewhere on the PCS website about how many cards they have received so far, updated each time they get a delivery. No delivery ETAs, no expected numbers, just simply what they've got so far.

They curretly have a table with % of all orders dispatched within X days, and I have noticed that last week when a lot of people were saying they got their machine, that the % of orders dispatched within 28 days dropped, but now it increased again. So it gives at least some really vague indication of how much of a chunk of their recently dispatched orders the 3080 ones are, at least those ordered more than 28 days ago.

kozuki

Enthusiast
I don't care or use social media, however it'd be nice if they had information somewhere on the PCS website about how many cards they have received so far, updated each time they get a delivery. No delivery ETAs, no expected numbers, just simply what they've got so far.

They curretly have a table with % of all orders dispatched within X days, and I have noticed that last week when a lot of people were saying they got their machine, that the % of orders dispatched within 28 days dropped, but now it increased again. So it gives at least some really vague indication of how much of a chunk of their recently dispatched orders the 3080 ones are, at least those ordered more than 28 days ago.
How would you separate full system builds and single orders though? It wouldn't be in the same queue and most people wouldn't care about "really vague indication", you would have to wait for the same amount of time in any case

Voeille

Bronze Level Poster
How would you separate full system builds and single orders though? It wouldn't be in the same queue and most people wouldn't care about "really vague indication", you would have to wait for the same amount of time in any case
I know it won't speed anything up or give you an ETA, it's just an example of at least some information that is available. All I'm saying is that seeing a decrease in that number made me think it's related to the movement of the queue recently mentioned in this thread.

Robert88

No System Builder shows available stock levels, it's not something that can be done.

You're refering to individual parts marketplaces which are an entirely different business and stock system.

This is what the site you referenced shows when ordering a 3080 build:

View attachment 19426

So until you place the order, you have no idea when it will be fulfilled, just like PCS. And their stock issues will be exactly the same as PCS.
Well that's not true I might not know when it will be fulfilled but at least you can see how many are ahead of you. If I wanted to order an EVGA 3080 from said site, I know before I order that there is 798 outstanding pre-orders, therefore I can make a decision to wait or join that number or go for a different card with a smaller pre-order list.
To say system builders cant show stock levels as its "not something that can be done" I'll take your word for it, but you mean to tell me they couldn't inform us of how many pre-orders for 3080 builds/upgrades they have in waiting?? I find that hard to believe.

Gavras

Master Poster
It’s not just simply that as well.

to add to the mix PCS supply to the likes of Curry’s and likely other outlets.

the realities are when cards do arrive, all PC builders that build for individuals and for the likes of Currys, face the dilemma of do I upset customer A waiting for a £4K PC or Company B waiting on a £50k order.

that’s not counting the fact you have parts fail on arrival, fail on test etc.

again for any PC builder, they have 100 cards arrive, are those cards for individual orders or a single order for 20 pc’s or to finally complete a major customer order for 100 pc’s.

A PC builder may have 100 orders (purchase orders) on the system but that does not always equate to 100 PCs.

I would put money on every pc builders buyer department trying to get cards from every single source available - same stuff different sector but have been there and done that.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well that's not true I might not know when it will be fulfilled but at least you can see how many are ahead of you. If I wanted to order an EVGA 3080 from said site, I know before I order that there is 798 outstanding pre-orders, therefore I can make a decision to wait or join that number or go for a different card with a smaller pre-order list.
To say system builders cant show stock levels as its "not something that can be done" I'll take your word for it, but you mean to tell me they couldn't inform us of how many pre-orders for 3080 builds/upgrades they have in waiting?? I find that hard to believe.
Thats not the system builder though, that’s scans sales site, they’re completely separate companies. 3xs is a system builder owned by scan, but it’s a separate company.

And no, you wouldnt get any information about where you are on the queue or what stock levels they have.

You’re linking two completely separate business types with 2 very different stock systems.

Last edited:

Robert88

Thats not the system builder though, that’s scans sales site, they’re completely separate companies. 3xs is a system builder owned by scan, but it’s a separate company.

And no, you wouldnt get any information about where you are on the queue or what stock levels they have.

You’re linking two completely separate business types with 2 very different stock systems.
I didnt say i would know were i was in the que, I said i could make a decision based on the pre-order numbers that the company are displaying for that particular card, as it gives ppl an idea of the demand for said card. I also didnt say said company was a system builder, I suggested that PCS, system builder or not should know how much stock they need to fullfil pre-orders, and it would be nice if that info was somehow relayed to the paying customer to shed some light on wait times, maybe not on the configurator (as you stated showing stock levels cant be done), but maybe a temp page set-up on the website.
End of the day any info is better than silence, which is exactly what I have had since launch day until I chased them up on it, if i hadnt I would none the wiser and thats just poor imo, especially when they have had near on £3k from me, I would like there communication to improve.

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
Well good news on my end I guess.

I found a link where Amazon themselves were selling stock price RTX 3070s (Palit OC) low stock but I managed to order one expecting it was a mistake and would be cancelled but nope it’s dispatched and arriving tomorrow!

I’ll be cancelling my 3080 rog strix order tomorrow as well as upgrading my cpu/mb and anything else I need.
It might not be what I initially wanted but I’m happy! 😀 (and it’s a big finger up to the scalpers trying to sell these cards for £1000+)

Robert88

Well good news on my end I guess.

I found a link where Amazon themselves were selling stock price RTX 3070s (Palit OC) low stock but I managed to order one expecting it was a mistake and would be cancelled but nope it’s dispatched and arriving tomorrow!

I’ll be cancelling my 3080 rog strix order tomorrow as well as upgrading my cpu/mb and anything else I need.
It might not be what I initially wanted but I’m happy! 😀 (and it’s a big finger up to the scalpers trying to sell these cards for £1000+)
Very nice!! Enjoy it dude.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I didnt say i would know were i was in the que, I said i could make a decision based on the pre-order numbers that the company are displaying for that particular card, as it gives ppl an idea of the demand for said card. I also didnt say said company was a system builder, I suggested that PCS, system builder or not should know how much stock they need to fullfil pre-orders, and it would be nice if that info was somehow relayed to the paying customer to shed some light on wait times, maybe not on the configurator (as you stated showing stock levels cant be done), but maybe a temp page set-up on the website.
End of the day any info is better than silence, which is exactly what I have had since launch day until I chased them up on it, if i hadnt I would none the wiser and thats just poor imo, especially when they have had near on £3k from me, I would like there communication to improve.
As said previously, any suggestions like that need to be fed to PCS.