RTX 3080

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
Imagine two people, let's call them Bill and Ted. Both ordered the same build on the same day.

Bill constantly calls PCS and rails because he's given conflicting information each time he calls. He gets himself all worked up insisting that he needs to know where he is in the queue. Bill is angry that he's not getting the customer service he thinks he should be.

Ted appreciates that these are extraordinary times and that there is a huge demand for the parts he's ordered. He's not happy that he has to wait so long but realises that his PC will be built as fast as it can be. Ted has no need of customer service because he knows things are moving as fast as they can and that there is nothing he can do to make them move any faster.

Bill and Ted's PCs are built and shipped on the same day.

I'm upset because I think I'm the only person in the world with a 3080/90 that doesn't have a rig to use it aha. Still in pre-production 🙃
Pay for fast track? Did that on my other build was built in a day dispatched today.

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster
Pay for fast track? Did that on my other build was built in a day dispatched today.
Probably a waste of money. I'm on pre-production day 33 (now without gpu) so must be right at the top of the queue. They must still be waiting on a part for the build before they can start. I reckon the cooler (H115i)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Probably a waste of money. I'm on pre-production day 33 (now without gpu) so must be right at the top of the queue. They must still be waiting on a part for the build before they can start. I reckon the cooler (H115i)
It won't be a waste of money, if they can't meet the fast track timetable for any reason they refund the fast track payment.

ProEnigma

Bronze Level Poster
I believe from when I was trying to order, if a part is missing they wont even let you pick fast track as they will be waiting on a part, but as Ubuysa said, even if it did let you pick it and they couldn't do it, they would refund you the fast track charge if they couldn't do it.

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster
It won't be a waste of money, if they can't meet the fast track timetable for any reason they refund the fast track payment.
My reasoning might have been confusing there. I suspect I'm right at the top of the "standard" queue because I've been in pre-production for so long, thus it wouldn't make much difference changing from "standard" to "fast-track".

My theory is that waiting for a part in the "fast-track" queue probably won't speed up my build any faster than waiting for a part in the "standard" if you're already at the top of the standard?

However, I do understand your answer 100% regarding not being able to meet timeframes

Out of curiosity is there much difference between the Corsair H115i Pro cooler compared to the Plat version?

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
My reasoning might have been confusing there. I suspect I'm right at the top of the "standard" queue because I've been in pre-production for so long, thus it wouldn't make much difference changing from "standard" to "fast-track".

My theory is that waiting for a part in the "fast-track" queue probably won't speed up my build any faster than waiting for a part in the "standard" if you're already at the top of the standard?

However, I do understand your answer 100% regarding not being able to meet timeframes

Out of curiosity is there much difference between the Corsair H115i Pro cooler compared to the Plat version?
Which version did you order? I have the RGB Platinum one in my build

AlbiGd

I work in a factory and we're in a similar situation. Luckily we weren't affected much by covid but our suppliers were. We have quite a few orders that are suspended at the moment because we lack the right components. I understand the excitement over a new PC, i'm excited too but this year you can't really predict things, it's been rough for everyone. To be honest I think you all should stop wondering about your position in this phantomatic queue. Realistically speaking multiple people are working on similar configurations and each workstation has its own queue. For many reasons, not excluding covid, one may finish before another. It's just how it is, have patience.

Godders

I've personally booked off the 19th and 20th of November, but if I receive the legendary "in build" email beforehand I'll also book a couple of extra days off :LOL:

MIETUS

I've personally booked off the 19th and 20th of November, but if I receive the legendary "in build" email beforehand I'll also book a couple of extra days off :LOL:
Yeah, that is the best thing we can actually do at the moment. 😁 I think that Cyberpunk is the best thing that happened this year, honestly! 😂

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I haven't booked any time off, but I have got 5 days of annual leave put aside for the week after I get my "in build" email. My manager's pretty sound, so as long as I'm not requesting a full week off in December, I'm likely to get it.

MIETUS

I haven't booked any time off, but I have got 5 days of annual leave put aside for the week after I get my "in build" email. My manager's pretty sound, so as long as I'm not requesting a full week off in December, I'm likely to get it.
Last week I have asked my manager how many days off I've got and he said that I've still got about 12 working days to take! :D