RTX 3080

To add my personal experience, I've had an order here since the 17th. Just cancelled, after finding another retailer that only allows in-stock components in its configurator - got the same build with a Zalit 3080 for Nov 3rd delivery. This hasn't been easy for anyone, but opening up pre-orders in the way many retailers did including PCS has made it unnecessarily opaque. And while we joke about 'just be cool!' I think it's fair to accept that for many people, ordering a multiple-thousand-pound-item without any useful information about when it will arrive is stressful, particularly now. Anyway, onwards. Good luck, everyone.

mia.stoner

Bronze Level Poster
Take this with a pinch of salt. And it is no way accurate at all..... and please don't attack me.

Spoken to pcs today to potentially amend my order and go for a lesser graphics card so I can get my build before 2021... 😂

I asked how many orders did you guys actually get for the 3080..... "around 1000" then I asked where I was in the "queue" (yes I understand that the queue means nothing)
My "position" was around the 600 mark....
I ordered on the 1/10/2020

I will be ringing tomorrow to downgrade my GPU.
Amen

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
Take this with a pinch of salt. And it is no way accurate at all..... and please don't attack me.

Spoken to pcs today to potentially amend my order and go for a lesser graphics card so I can get my build before 2021... 😂

I asked how many orders did you guys actually get for the 3080..... "around 1000" then I asked where I was in the "queue" (yes I understand that the queue means nothing)

Amen
What graphics card you going for?

mia.stoner

Bronze Level Poster
No hate. I built a second build for just pure gaming using that same card for it but second hand.
I'm only 16 days pre production but I'm checking forums and website every hour checking for stock. Even got a stock alert website running on my work pc...
Its becoming very depressing. And all I want to do is get my pc ready for Cold War lol

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
I'm only 16 days pre production but I'm checking forums and website every hour checking for stock. Even got a stock alert website running on my work pc...
Its becoming very depressing. And all I want to do is get my pc ready for Cold War lol
Totally understand bud part of the reason I got a sec build plus it also being beneficial for me.

Ordered on Tues did fast track and it was built and tested of yesterday.

mia.stoner

Bronze Level Poster
Totally understand bud part of the reason I got a sec build plus it also being beneficial for me.
The most frustrating thing for me is....
I was all prepared weeks ago...
New monitor
New gaming desk
New gaming chair
New headphones
New mouse mat 🤣

And its all hooked up to a PS4 pro... FML
1st world problems

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
The most frustrating thing for me is....
I was all prepared weeks ago...
New monitor
New gaming desk
New gaming chair
New headphones
New mouse mat 🤣

And its all hooked up to a PS4 pro... FML
1st world problems
😂😂😂 same mate I have two keyboards two mice (wired and wireless) new everything as well as buying a couple of the games on steam sale. but no pc.
Every since my first order I've refused to pick up my xbox controller. Just doesn't appeal to me anymore

Last edited:

mia.stoner

Bronze Level Poster
😂😂😂 same mate I have two keyboards two mice (wired and wireless) new everything as well as buying a couple of the games on steam sale. but no pc.
Every since my first order I've refused to pick up my xbox controller. Just doesn't appeal to me anymore
Oh forgot to say.....
Pre ordered cold war for the pc and...
Purchased 2 games on steam lol. I was so hopeful that the 3080 was coming

D

Deleted member 103489

For me i am just waiting on monitor that gives me no dead pixel problems lol

This will be my 3rd monitor tomorrow, i need some luck lol

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
To add my personal experience, I've had an order here since the 17th. Just cancelled, after finding another retailer that only allows in-stock components in its configurator - got the same build with a Zalit 3080 for Nov 3rd delivery. This hasn't been easy for anyone, but opening up pre-orders in the way many retailers did including PCS has made it unnecessarily opaque. And while we joke about 'just be cool!' I think it's fair to accept that for many people, ordering a multiple-thousand-pound-item without any useful information about when it will arrive is stressful, particularly now. Anyway, onwards. Good luck, everyone.
How did the cost end amount work out in comparison?

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster

Amen
Already downgraded from the ROG. Hasn’t changed anything yet haha

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
As this is the 3080 thread, I figured I'd share this video and change the direction of the thread a bit -

It seems that there won't be a 20GB 3080 despite all the previous evidence that it was coming at the end of the year.

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
As this is the 3080 thread, I figured I'd share this video and change the direction of the thread a bit -

It seems that there won't be a 20GB 3080 despite all the previous evidence that it was coming at the end of the year.
Yeah saw this early. No 3070 16GB either apparently? Nvidia seem to be a bit all over the place this year. Pandemic aside

target680

Bronze Level Poster
where do you order from for a confirmed delivery of Nov 3rd?? I dont no what to do. Im just waiting i guess. If i could find one sooner i may exclude the card and buy it sepratly but i cant find one of thoses either. I ordered on the 17th as well.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah saw this early. No 3070 16GB either apparently? Nvidia seem to be a bit all over the place this year. Pandemic aside
Those cards were odd anyway, didn’t make much sense except for budget render stations, they wouldn’t be of any benefit for gaming whatsoever.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
where do you order from for a confirmed delivery of Nov 3rd?? I dont no what to do. Im just waiting i guess. If i could find one sooner i may exclude the card and buy it sepratly but i cant find one of thoses either. I ordered on the 17th as well.
Hazarding a guess, he won’t get that build on the 3rd, I’m willing to put money on it, he’ll be waiting til next year.

Voeille

Bronze Level Poster
I still play on consoles, but I haven't done any extensive gaming or modding on my laptop since around July when I started considering getting a new rig more seriously than just thinking "I should probably upgrade at some point". And I'm also holding off my leave for when I finally get the PC, hopefully next month...

I finally decided on the monitor I want to get (I decided on Asus XG27UQ over LG 27GN950-B), and that also appears out of stock. I saw a few on Amazon recently, however they seem to be selling them for about £150 more than it actually costs, so I guess I'll wait until it's back in stock on sites that sell it for £800.

I contacted PCS on the webchat today as I was wondering whether anything else in my build is delaying it, but they seem to have everything (including the H115i cooler) except for the 3080. I also asked whether my order would be covered if they received a batch of 50 cards, but they weren't able to tell me as they don't seem to have a list of people waiting for a single component, which I guess is fair enough as in normal circumstances such information wouldn't really be needed.
Overall I'm happy with the customer service they're providing, they're patiently answering my questions (despite likely getting 100s of the same ones daily), and they were quick with switching my build to AMD.