RTX 3080

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
If it was in stock when you ordered it should have been put aside for you. I checked on webchat last week for the same reason. I was told exactly that. My case is showing out of stock now but they said one has been put aside for my order and now its out of stock for anyone else
That's how I understood things worked as well

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
That's how I understood things worked as well
Man if that’s the case it would make me feel a bit more at ease. Cos then if the 3080 comes in and it’s my turn then it’s building time. But if it comes in and parts are awol then what happens? Someone gets my 3080 and I’m waiting another two weeks. Boooourns

GarCul

“Then let us hope that I was wrong”

“Then let us hope that I was wrong”
Man if that’s the case it would make me feel a bit more at ease. Cos then if the 3080 comes in and it’s my turn then it’s building time. But if it comes in and parts are awol then what happens? Someone gets my 3080 and I’m waiting another two weeks. Boooourns
This is a transcript of part of my chat, don't know if it makes you feel any better or worse but this is what was said to me on chat

Screenshot 2020-10-23 at 18.25.53.png

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster
This is a transcript of part of my chat, don't know if it makes you feel any better or worse but this is what was said to me on chat

View attachment 19177
Just got off the phone and the guy said the same thing to me. All components are there and they're just waiting for someone to build it.

He said that it should be built by Monday at the very latest now and that changing to fast track wouldn't make much difference. Maybe 3rd time lucky?

Hobbitey

I've cancelled my PCS order as they didn't deal with my complaint appropriately. Ordered via other means on Thursday and will receive my 3080 build tomorrow by 11am. Won't post the name of company here however

Hobbitey

I paid a premium for more or less an identical build. My build with PCS come out around 2172, my build with other company was 2300, with a poorer PCIe 3.0 SSD.

Hobbitey

You won't get it tomorrow if it's a custom build, you'll be in line til next year I reckon.
I've received an email from them confirming it's been dispatched, they genuinely built it in 1 day (I paid 75 pounds for the privilege) they gave me a DPD consignment number which checks out as valid on the DPD website confirming it will be with me tomorrow

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've received an email from them confirming it's been dispatched, they genuinely built it in 1 day (I paid 75 pounds for the privilege) they gave me a DPD consignment number which checks out as valid on the DPD website confirming it will be with me tomorrow
I just don't believe they'd have available stocks of the 3080, either they're doing zero business, or they just have no queues for some other reason, just not possible.

Hobbitey

I just don't believe they'd have available stocks of the 3080, either they're doing zero business, or they just have no queues for some other reason, just not possible.
I can't imagine them being the most popular choice at their price point. From what I understand they had a delivery this week and actually advertised as having available stock. I have been told that the 3080 in my build is the Palit Gamerock OC

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
Would love to know how many 3080 cards have come in so far. Just out of interest. Of the thousands of orders how many have been fulfilled......mad times.

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
I'm hoping things don't get complicated with big navi announcement next week. I'm looking to get pc build on 5th Nov with rtx 3080 in mind and hoping that Rdna2 series doesn't temp me to switching over. Personally I would settle for a 3080 even if it does performs a little worse then Rdna 2 equivelent just because of driver issues from previous RDNA cards.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I'm hoping things don't get complicated with big navi announcement next week. I'm looking to get pc build on 5th Nov with rtx 3080 in mind and hoping that Rdna2 series doesn't temp me to switching over. Personally I would settle for a 3080 even if it does performs a little worse then Rdna 2 equivelent just because of driver issues from previous RDNA cards.
The leaks from the last day or two seem to suggest that if you want the best ray tracing performance currently available, go for the 3080, if you want the faster card, it might be the 6800XT as it has more VRAM. Still waiting to see some "real world" 6800XT benchmarks, which will start to come in from the middle of next week.