RTX 3080

To let people make up their own minds, my 3080 order has been built and tested today as well. My order went through at 14:10 on release day, I also had the h115i cooler (which was out of stock until 16th Oct) so hopefully that's things going to start to move for everyone else 🙂

14:28 on release here (standard 3080) and nothing so will be a bit annoyed if the supposed first come first serve isn’t what’s happening especially as the only thing I’m waiting on was the card?

masouth

Hi,

I bought 3080 at 14:26 on release day, I bought only the 3080 and not as part of a PC build. This was accidental because PCS shipped my PC build on release day which removed the option to amend my order to include the 3080!

I was originally told on two occasions I was 11th in the "queue" this has since been retracted as they say they cant be that precise about the queue order. It has something to do with the way they print the orders and put them into a tray. It sounds like manual queue system.

However, someone in this community who has the will, time and inclination could setup a google doc, with confirmed time/day purchased and what the status of the order is. We all add our orders and we should start to be able to see patterns emerging if enough participate.

Mostly recent i was told they estimate an end of October delivery date, but i'm skeptical if there are still people who ordered before 1415 waiting.

Thanks

Rakk

The Awesome
14:28 on release here (standard 3080) and nothing so will be a bit annoyed if the supposed first come first serve isn’t what’s happening especially as the only thing I’m waiting on was the card?
It will be going in a first come first serve its just the stock was not nearly enough to begin with (NVidia's fault) and the stocks coming in have been minimal I believe :(

It will be going in a first come first serve its just the stock was not nearly enough to begin with (NVidia's fault) and the stocks coming in have been minimal I believe :(
Yeah just worries me with even mods coming up with ideas of how it works and not being fcfs and then saying they don’t know how it works makes me anxious. But either way we can but wait and watch.

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
Just off the phone with PCS there given all the activity around orders today and how many were placed AFTER me.

So turns out my Fractal Meshify S2 case is out of stock and as a result I didnt get any 3080 assigned from the latest order that PCS received. Changed it over the phone to an in-stock case, but obviously now I've no idea when the next batch of 3080s will come in. This contradicts the whole "your case is held for you" idea that was floating around. Kinda annoyed to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sniper4u3

Got the order confirmation email 14:11 on the 17th. Got built friday and is ready for dispatch today. Didnt touch the order once from order date, just left it to wait. H500M case, i5 10600k (OC), corsair vengence 32g 32000 ram, 3080 normal, gigabyte auros elite MB, h115i plat corsair, samsung 970 2 tb m.2, corsair 850 watt PSU.

Dont touch it a d have faith all!

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Just off the phone with PCS there given all the activity around orders today and how many were placed AFTER me.

So turns out my Fractal Meshify S2 case is out of stock and as a result I didnt get any 3080 assigned from the latest order that PCS received. Changed it over the phone to an in-stock case, but obviously now I've no idea when the next batch of 3080s will come in. This contradicts the whole "your case is held for you" idea that was floating around. Kinda annoyed to be honest.
I don't think first come first serve really works like that as it isnt just the 3080 people are waiting on.
Loads of other components involved some which others may have ordered before yourself.
So from a previous post it says you changed your case at some point.
So say if you ordered at 2.01 with a 3080 but changed your case, say at 5pm who gets the PC built first, you or the person ordering a PC at 2.02 with a 3080 and a Fractal S2 case?
I may be wrong but surely doing a first come first serve on the 3080 even though other parts might be out of stock will make an even bigger back log of PC's to be built.

Got the order confirmation email 14:11 on the 17th. Got built friday and is ready for dispatch today. Didnt touch the order once from order date, just left it to wait. H500M case, i5 10600k (OC), corsair vengence 32g 32000 ram, 3080 normal, gigabyte auros elite MB, h115i plat corsair, samsung 970 2 tb m.2, corsair 850 watt PSU.

Dont touch it a d have faith all!
Ironically similar to my own, only stock issue was the cooler, yet yours was done even before mine but ordered after! There goes any potential model construction of how they operate, then.... some other variable unaccounted for! Only logic seems to be sit tight, hoping things will start to pick up the pace just shortly for everyone else 🙂

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
I don't think first come first serve really works like that as it isnt just the 3080 people are waiting on.
Loads of other components involved some which others may have ordered before yourself.
So from a previous post it says you changed your case at some point.
So say if you ordered at 2.01 with a 3080 but changed your case, say at 5pm who gets the PC built first, you or the person ordering a PC at 2.02 with a 3080 and a Fractal S2 case?
I may be wrong but surely doing a first come first serve on the 3080 even though other parts might be out of stock will make an even bigger back log of PC's to be built.
Yet again though this contradicts SO many statements from PCS via email / phone / chat etc. First it was "your case is held when you order" - my Fractal change had the case in stock when added. Secondly I've been told multiple times by PCS any amendments don't matter until your queue position comes up.

Given the craziness around the 3080 orders, if my place came up and I was missing something other than the 3080, it would be a nice gesture for PCS to contact the person and say "hey we've got it all except your case / cooler / PSU - do you want to change to make sure you get the 3080?". Its a choice between waiting weeks for another 3080 restock vs a few days for some other component.

To say PCS is a massive company with thousands of orders and a good reputation, yet cant send a quick email to keep people happy and get a piece of kit thats like gold dust seems so bizarre to me.

Sniper4u3

Ironically similar to my own, only stock issue was the cooler, yet yours was done even before mine but ordered after! There goes any potential model construction of how they operate, then.... some other variable unaccounted for! Only logic seems to be sit tight, hoping things will start to pick up the pace just shortly for everyone else 🙂
Well my only advise is to just wait, ive ordered from PCS a couple of times in the last decade, they are phenomenal in terms of build quality and client service. Usually if something is out of stock, and its your turn they contact you to see if you want to amend it.

Ive been following the forums and mainly looking out for people going into build as comfort things are moving and now i can guarntee they are.

Sit tight, and i hope you dont have much longer to wait. Good luck!

Well my only advise is to just wait, ive ordered from PCS a couple of times in the last decade, they are phenomenal in terms of build quality and client service. Usually if something is out of stock, and its your turn they contact you to see if you want to amend it.

Ive been following the forums and mainly looking out for people going into build as comfort things are moving and now i can guarntee they are.

Sit tight, and i hope you dont have much longer to wait. Good luck!
Oh sorry, I have mine built now, I was meaning for everyone else trying to figure out where they are! So yea, best of luck to them!

Yod

Glad to see the queue has started to move. Having orders from 2:07 to 2:11 build today is a good sign, just hoping that PCS does not have to wait 6 more weeks to see new stock coming...

Mine was booked on launch day at 2:27.

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster

That's annoying because that's the case I'm waiting on as well. The guy on the phone I spoke to on Friday said that the case had been assigned to me and that the build should start pretty much immediately. Again I've not had any email to state there has been a build yet so it looks like I'm in the same position as you.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I have tried to warn numerous times that it doesn't work that way as there are multiple variables. No 2 builds or build queues will be alike. I honestly don't know how it all works at PCS as we do not have inside information, I just know it's much more complex than one out one in.

Just the shear number of orders times the number of individual components in each order shows you that every single part cannot be in-stock for every live order. My guess is it runs JIT, where something isn't considered out of stock until the part isn't going to make the scheduled requirement date.

What people need to realise is that people on the phones aren't going to be all knowing. They are going to be trained and know their own function very well, other functions will likely be best guess/understanding rather than in-depth knowledge.

Fungus

I'm late to the show, I didn't order until 4th October. Waiting for a 3090, I spoke with one of customer services team today who told me it was likely to be the end November beginning of December before 3000series order from supplier arrives but he couldn't be certain. I don't mind the wait, I know its not PCS fault and they are trying as hard as they can. Seeing people on here getting there systems does give hope so whoever gets one let us know so we vicariously enjoy.

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster
I have tried to warn numerous times that it doesn't work that way as there are multiple variables. No 2 builds or build queues will be alike. I honestly don't know how it all works at PCS as we do not have inside information, I just know it's much more complex than one out one in.

Just the shear number of orders times the number of individual components in each order shows you that every single part cannot be in-stock for every live order. My guess is it runs JIT, where something isn't considered out of stock until the part isn't going to make the scheduled requirement date.

What people need to realise is that people on the phones aren't going to be all knowing. They are going to be trained and know their own function very well, other functions will likely be best guess/understanding rather than in-depth knowledge.
I completely get their decision and I'm ok with it. I'm just a tad frustrated that 3 different PCS support staff have told me exactly the same thing regarding my order and that hasn't happened. But at the end of the day you're right. There are far more things to worry about in the world aha. Changed my case to the Fractal Design 7 in the meantime.

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
Anybody with a rog strix 3080 gone into building this week?

I had an email stating an estimated building date of today and then got another over the weekend stating it would be Friday.
I have pre-ordered the Rog Strix 3080.

Not sure if the emails are automated and I'm just getting my hopes up?