RTX 3080

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
I think its fair to say this last week has seen A LOT of progress with orders (at least those in the first hour). Looks like no 3080s for a couple of weeks and now a big delivery. Hopefully it lasts long enough to get a chunk of orders out to everyone.

It also means that if you ordered anytime on launch day and more stock comes in over the next few weeks you could have your machine for xmas.

For anyone considering the 3070, I'd say hold out for the 3080 now.

BT81

Enthusiast
I think its fair to say this last week has seen A LOT of progress with orders (at least those in the first hour). Looks like no 3080s for a couple of weeks and now a big delivery. Hopefully it lasts long enough to get a chunk of orders out to everyone.

It also means that if you ordered anytime on launch day and more stock comes in over the next few weeks you could have your machine for xmas.

I made a comment about I'd consider the 3070 (Or the AMD selection) But I'm waiting. Chopping and changing. Knowing my luck, I'd end up in March still without a GPU as I tried to 'get ahead of the curve' :)

All I ask. If you get your system, Pictures damn it :) Share your joy!

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
I made a comment about I'd consider the 3070 (Or the AMD selection) But I'm waiting. Chopping and changing. Knowing my luck, I'd end up in March still without a GPU as I tried to 'get ahead of the curve' :)

All I ask. If you get your system, Pictures damn it :) Share your joy!
I will 100% share pics once it arrives. I want to confirm the PSU cables are correct with you guys anyway, as a couple had flagged that before. I'm learning as I go with the hardware side of things.

Jamie1111188

Hoping mine arrives before Christmas as i really don't wanna go back to console. Even had a better experience using Geforce Now to play other than using my console. Ordered bit late on release day though so ill be waaaay back, 4pm.

Jamie1111188

I remember getting the email saying ETA was 25th November, all because PCS ran out of logos for cases.
Seems like it was most accurate ETA for most people here 🤣
Yea i remember that, and the apology that followed 🤣 feels more like an oops we sent the real date. Lets say its by accident so they don't cancel.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
TBH I'm quite happy with November.
It would be about the only good thing to happen in 2020!
I'm treating myself every 6 months with a big present that I normally wouldn't spend the money on. In March I bought a really top end pair of headphones, and just now bought an amp that I've been lusting after for years. Next year it's a pair of speakers.

More than ever, I think it's important to treat yourself, get something to make 2020 that little bit more fun.

A PC / laptop is a very good thing to bring the feels to the covid situation.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm treating myself every 6 months with a big present that I normally wouldn't spend the money on. In March I bought a really top end pair of headphones, and just now bought an amp that I've been lusting after for years. Next year it's a pair of speakers.

More than ever, I think it's important to treat yourself, get something to make 2020 that little bit more fun.

Totally agree, I've bought a couple of bikes over the past year or so (£1250 & £1000 each), then since i retired at the end of march I've probably spent a couple of grand on upgrading them & other cycling bits, then of course the laptop recently as well as the upgrades to the desktop.
I keep telling my daughters I'm spending their inheritance & they can argue over the bikes when I'm gone :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster

Working from home and not having to commute up to 1.5hrs in and out each day has saved me a fortune. Easily saved up for my PC thinking it wouldnt be until 2021. On the flipside, had to postpone our July wedding which sucked!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Working from home and not having to commute up to 1.5hrs in and out each day has saved me a fortune. Easily saved up for my PC thinking it wouldnt be until 2021. On the flipside, had to postpone our July wedding which sucked!
Oh, really sorry to hear about the wedding, that's a real shame. It will be that much better though when you are able to do it!

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
Oh, really sorry to hear about the wedding, that's a real shame. It will be that much better though when you are able to do it!
Yeah it was definitely the right decision. If we went ahead with it our numbers would have been halved. Right now its even worse as we are in a lockdown - 6 guests. THATS NOT A WEDDING DAS A MEETING!

Just hoping by May 2021 (new date) things are better. But hey...........

WATCHDOGS/CYBERPUNK/ASSASSINSCREED/HITMAN3/FARCRY6 - perfectly splendid

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah it was definitely the right decision. If we went ahead with it our numbers would have been halved. Right now its even worse as we are in a lockdown - 6 guests. THATS NOT A WEDDING DAS A MEETING!

May is usually the best month of the year weather wise, good choice. Fingers crossed things have gotten a bit more under control by then.

Jamie1111188

Too much haunting of Bly manor :)

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
Out of interest, anyone in the 3080 "queue" consider swapping to the 3070?
Considered it but having looked at the reviews it seemed to simply be a (albeit cheaper) reformed 2080TI.
When I went to change the card as soon as PCS allowed it (it wouldn't let me at 1pm) it told me stock had already been surpassed so I'm expecting the same issues as with the 3080 tbh.

If my build isn't done by mid november I'll be switching to AMD.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Meh...we all have our foibles that deserve ridicule every now and again....Spyder's is the lack of dusting he does...mine is the complete lack of cable management I do (not to mention the complete lack of skill I demonstrate when I do actually try cable management).Agentcoopers is seeing any bad cable management (hence why I show pictures of mine at all possible times) :eek:
I don't even know why it bothers me so much! I'm not obsessive compulsive about anything else...