RTX 3080

Gavras

Master Poster
3080Ti incoming apparently - yet another queue to form before long! :ROFLMAO:

Apparently the 3080 Ti will be using TSMC 7nm and not Samsung 8nm.

probably a bit of cap in hand by Nvidia.

The TSMC are supposed to be superior to the Samsung.

does this mean there will be two standards of cards.

who knows tinternet and all that.

would not be surprised if Nvidia have been a bit burned by Samsung not being able to sort 8nm side of things.

Also, Nvidia are / were planning to move to 5nm in 2021, although I would guess not with Samsung lol.

also seems 3060 on sale as well...

Fungus

I ordered it at the start of October. I did change the case etc because of stock. I used the chat to speak to customer support who were really helpful. All my parts were in except my case, swapped it and went into build the same day. Fingers crossed it goes through QC tomorrow and arrives this week.

I ordered it at the start of October. I did change the case etc because of stock. I used the chat to speak to customer support who were really helpful. All my parts were in except my case, swapped it and went into build the same day. Fingers crossed it goes through QC tomorrow and arrives this week.
Standard 3080 or asus?

target680

Bronze Level Poster
Yes I ordered at 14:26
Yep me too. Ordered at 14.42

Lets keep our fingers crossed we get some good news soon.

I spoke with one of the live chat people yesterday and she said oiver the last 2 weeks they had in approx 130 cards.

Its moving along slowly.

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
ordered 17h20 on launch day, for a rog strix.
I was apparently 20th in the queue two weeks ago.... and still no update
but my issue is that i can not reach any operator via chat. Anyone having this issue ?

Ryddill

I managed to get in touch with someone on chat very early this morning, just after 9am. It wasn't an immediate response but I left the chat box open until I got a reply (5 minutes I think). When I called the other day I was on hold for over an hour. Other times I've emailed and received a same day response.

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
for chat, im reloading a bit before 9 every day (perks of remote working), but no operator 100% of the time
For the phone i can not afford to wait over an hour
and for the emails, i usually have an answer within 5 working days... witch is better than all of the above, but still pretty bad. (sorry, worked for customer service for quite a time, 5 working days is too long).

But anyway. Does someone have some info about the strix ?
I know that PCS doesnt really know what the queue looks like or what they re supposed to receive, and if they are supposed to receive... but i figured out that the forum is probably my highest chance of getting some info :)

kozuki

Enthusiast
are the phone queues really that long? I was planning to call from EU today to change my build into AMD from intel, but I might not be able to afford that either. I guess trying over email works too, hopefully the amd stocks aren't that bad, but i'm waiting for a strix 3080 anyway :)