RTX 3080

Ryddill

Anyone waiting on a 3080 who upgrades to a 3090 is absolutely barking mad, and I mean that in the nicest way possible!
Totally respect this view.

I was paying a similar price to a 3090 build but "settling" for a 3080. Like I said earlier, I gave much thought on this as to what was best for me with my budget. Takes me out of the 3080 pool, someone else is one step closer

Speedking

Damm! That would hurt, but yet again its conflicting info, they told me 2 weeks ago they are getting shipments in a few times a week but its of varying amounts sometimes single digit amounts, then said last week they was waiting on a large delivery.
However if what they have told you is true, and they feel they wont get stock until the new year, am sorry but they need to be calling/emailing people about that and informing them of the situation.
Might even be worth cancelling the GPU with PCS and getting it from somewhere else, I had a friend order the Zotac one 3 weeks ago, it was shipped last night. So yes, the stock situation is dire, but some seem to be getting a lot more than others.

Ah man, I hope you get yours sorted , but yeah, they literally said they have no clue at all , no ETA, so i said if you have no ETA then you are telling me that I could be waiting till the new year and it was a un-hesitated yes.

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
hey boys, i 'll give you some "infos"
so i spent 1h waiting on the phone to talk to an advisor. poor dude must be drowning in work.
so basically they are apparently processing orders from the 17th (of september), and it's weird that my order (17th > 17h30) has not been processed already.
they receive card every wednesday, but sometimes they dont

regarding the 3090.... they dont know really, might be faster, might not be faster
same for the strix 3080....

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
so i spent 1h waiting on the phone to talk to an advisor. poor dude must be drowning in work.
so basically they are apparently processing orders from the 17th (of september), and it's weird that my order (17th > 17h30) has not been processed already.

regarding the 3090.... they dont know really, might be faster, might not be faster
By the looks of it they haven't even got past the first few orders from 2-3pm yet.
You ordered quite late on release day, I imagine there are hundreds before you.

NatPic

Yours really can't be far away if we're now moving to the 14:20ish time on this forum... Guessing that most of the orders were in the first hour?

They told me the same about switching.. the 3080 queue is moving so as tempting as it is, I'll save the extra cash for now.

Scoped Badger

Silver Level Poster
Yeah, 17:30 is pretty 'late' in this situation. As @Mask3d says, judging by what we're seeing on the forum, they've got to that 2:25-2:45 kind of bracket at the moment. Given that it has been six weeks to get to that stage, unless something changes, 17:30 orders will be a while off yet.

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah, 17:30 is pretty 'late' in this situation. As @Mask3d says, judging by what we're seeing on the forum, they've got to that 2:25-2:45 kind of bracket at the moment. Given that it has been six weeks to get to that stage, unless something changes, 17:30 orders will be a while off yet.
im pretty sure @Naptic is right.
But i still upgraded to 3090 even tho i have no new info... i admit Nvidia defeated me and the frustration is now heavier in the balance than my wallet (which is definitly much lighter) :p

Last edited:

Agitharon

You most likely have an item in your build out of stock. Hopefully they have assigned you a card!
As per them on Monday, everything was in stock.

I am on the queue right now about this, as this potentially means their queue system in completely botched. And I am not happy.

I am 100% fine with waiting for my turn.
But now, this is getting hilarious.
If for any reason later orders are being fulfilled first, it means their handling is downright appalling.
Now one may say, it is just 10 mins difference mate, yeah well not if those 10 mins mean a couple more weeks (if not longer, if their queue is all over the place). Money was paid at that time, when I go to grab an ice cream, if I am ahead I do expect to be served before the people that arrived a couple of mins later.

I sure hope that this is all a delay on their side to update my order status.

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
Guys do remember that they still have a max amount of PCs that can be building at any time.
If you haven't had the email it may be because your PC has been picked but hasn't entered the build room yet until the others move over to testing.

Out of interest people whose builds have gone into building, did any of you order the 5900x CPU?