RTX 3080

amiwood18

Bronze Level Poster
Got a new monitor, keyboard, mouse and have entirely redone my setup. All sitting waiting for my pc to arrive, I’m so excited at this point as I’m wanting to use ray tracing for a project in unreal engine. 25 days in pre production now so probably still a while to go but I know it’ll be worth it when it arrives

kozuki

Enthusiast
Dear Shafi,

Thank you for your letter but I'm sorry to tell you that I've had a lot of letters asking for an RTX 3080 and I'm sorry to say that I'm having difficulty sourcing supplies. I will do my best to get you one for Christmas, but I can't promise which Christmas that will be.

Santa
at this point you'd probably just get an automated email from Santa

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Dear Shafi,

Thank you for your letter but I'm sorry to tell you that I've had a lot of letters asking for an RTX 3080 and I'm sorry to say that I'm having difficulty sourcing supplies. I will do my best to get you one for Christmas, but I can't promise which Christmas that will be.

Santa
PS

Will an equivalent/better AMD card do instead

btmi

Right, I'm getting really very angry now. Changed my build to items all in stock Friday. No Change. Chatted (Live Chat) with Alice yesterday morning she said she'd speak to production and get it moving, and still no change. They've had thousands of pounds of my money for months now, and I've nothing to show for it. Can Somebody from PCS get in touch and tell me why they think this is OK and when I can expect something in return for my money? I'm starting to consider legal action.

needed a laugh today, thank you for this. good luck with your lawsuit.

Putting the ad hominin insult to one side for a moment; there's no small print caveat ever written that supersedes statute law. Most of them are written either to deter the casual consumer from claiming what they are entitled to, or if not, as an opening gambit when a complaint is negotiated prior to litigation. It's this way because the statutes are overwhelmingly in favour of the Consumer in the UK. You don't even need a lawyer, you can submit Claims of <£100,000 principal value online and most claims under £10,000 are almost completely automated. If you've paid by credit card or via the finance company, the law is even more draconian and on your side. I grant you, the situation with the Nvidia 30xx series does fall outside these measures unless you just want to quit and get your money back. But if there are reasonable alternatives available which you are willing to accept (and i'd argue that I'm accepting an inferior alternative), then my preference for barrack rooms, popularity at parties or on internet forums doesn't change anything.

I assume you all work just as hard as I do for the money to buy this stuff, why are you so willing to accept 2nd rate service in return? If Nvidia or PCS offer anybody on here anything in recompense for this delay, then I'll happily, gleefully, joyfully concede that I'm wrong, I'm a windbag and I should shut my hole. But so far, all I see is a load of severely out of pocket customers who's only crime is to have handed over large amounts of money for literally nothing so far.
You either wait like all the rest of us or cancel your order its fairly simple. And to go that in depth with your argument is a bit much, just be patient like the rest of us or try getting it from somewhere else, your not only person waiting for the items 1000s of us are in same boat ride it out or get refund.

Gavras

Master Poster
needed a laugh today, thank you for this. good luck with your lawsuit.
I read things like that and tend to think.

it is horrendous globally and just seems to be down to luck.

I know I will likely have it even worse with the 3060, as that’s the price point that historically tends to sell the most.

It’s also the card worth updating for for 1660 owners etc.

I think Nvidia said as much earlier in year as not many moved to the 2060.

for the 3060 launch, I reckon March to June.

kozuki

Enthusiast
I read things like that and tend to think.

it is horrendous globally and just seems to be down to luck.

I know I will likely have it even worse with the 3060, as that’s the price point that historically tends to sell the most.

It’s also the card worth updating for for 1660 owners etc.

I think Nvidia said as much earlier in year as not many moved to the 2060.

for the 3060 launch, I reckon March to June.
it'll launch when Samsung figures out how to produce the silicon in decent figures

skril

Bronze Level Poster
Just asked today, i know that is 3080 watching every day situation rtx, rx is place holder, jist for info market is realy short everywhere

Putting the ad hominin insult to one side for a moment; there's no small print caveat ever written that supersedes statute law. Most of them are written either to deter the casual consumer from claiming what they are entitled to, or if not, as an opening gambit when a complaint is negotiated prior to litigation. It's this way because the statutes are overwhelmingly in favour of the Consumer in the UK. You don't even need a lawyer, you can submit Claims of <£100,000 principal value online and most claims under £10,000 are almost completely automated. If you've paid by credit card or via the finance company, the law is even more draconian and on your side. I grant you, the situation with the Nvidia 30xx series does fall outside these measures unless you just want to quit and get your money back. But if there are reasonable alternatives available which you are willing to accept (and i'd argue that I'm accepting an inferior alternative), then my preference for barrack rooms, popularity at parties or on internet forums doesn't change anything.

I assume you all work just as hard as I do for the money to buy this stuff, why are you so willing to accept 2nd rate service in return? If Nvidia or PCS offer anybody on here anything in recompense for this delay, then I'll happily, gleefully, joyfully concede that I'm wrong, I'm a windbag and I should shut my hole. But so far, all I see is a load of severely out of pocket customers who's only crime is to have handed over large amounts of money for literally nothing so far.
Personally, I genuinely believe that PCS are wholesome about the situation and really don’t want someone to feel this much stress about waiting for their build. Presuming that the circumstances are correct they would surely refund under their normal refunding policy or outside the parameters if deemed necessary.

That being said my only gripe with PCS so far is the expected delivery times and queue times. And before you all jump on me hear me out... So PCS’s direct competitor in the UK is overclockers. Bearing in mind that i have not bought from overclockers before. Looking at their forums on the stocking situation and the communication, it is and has a damn sight better system than the one that PCS are currently using. This may be because overclockers are an official partner with Nvidia? I don’t know. But one of the things that caught my eye is they actually send an email each week with your position in the queue which I think is far better than not knowing where you stand. They also receive orders of cards every day, which is something I think PCS are receiving weekly.

Now, before the moderators and members start kicking me into the ground calling me a overclockers fan boy or traitor, i’ve spent nearly £6000 with PCS over the years and now and extra £2700 on top of that. I am loyal, and I like what the company stands for in terms of customer service. However, i believe that how they’re currently dealing with the 3080/3090 situation leaves customers in the dark and with more questions than answers. That is why there is a 60 page forum post on this topic alone without any real direction.

Good luck on your builds coming.

Cheers for hearing me out.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Personally, I genuinely believe that PCS are wholesome about the situation and really don’t want someone to feel this much stress about waiting for their build. Presuming that the circumstances are correct they would surely refund under their normal refunding policy or outside the parameters if deemed necessary.

That being said my only gripe with PCS so far is the expected delivery times and queue times. And before you all jump on me hear me out... So PCS’s direct competitor in the UK is overclockers. Bearing in mind that i have not bought from overclockers before. Looking at their forums on the stocking situation and the communication, it is and has a damn sight better system than the one that PCS are currently using. This may be because overclockers are an official partner with Nvidia? I don’t know. But one of the things that caught my eye is they actually send an email each week with your position in the queue which I think is far better than not knowing where you stand. They also receive orders of cards every day, which is something I think PCS are receiving weekly.

Now, before the moderators and members start kicking me into the ground calling me a overclockers fan boy or traitor, i’ve spent nearly £6000 with PCS over the years and now and extra £2700 on top of that. I am loyal, and I like what the company stands for in terms of customer service. However, i believe that how they’re currently dealing with the 3080/3090 situation leaves customers in the dark and with more questions than answers. That is why there is a 60 page forum post on this topic alone without any real direction.

Good luck on your builds coming.

Cheers for hearing me out.
No kicking here. :)

Do you know, or does anyone know, whether the information that Overclockers (or any other system integrator) is providing on their website is true, accurate, and reliable? The only way to know is for someone to place an order there (better yet, several people place orders).

PCS for example, could easily invent queue numbers for each customer and have them tick down in some realistic looking way and you'd all be none the wiser (yet apparently happy). PCS could also invent daily stock deliveries, they're also smart enough to ensure the imaginary queue movement is linked to the imaginary stock deliveries and an imaginary build/testing time.

I'm not suggesting that this is what Overclockers are doing and I am absolutely certain that PCS would never do that, but as Abraham Lincoln once said "you can't believe everything you read on the Internet".

Do you know, or does anyone know, whether the information that Overclockers (or any other system integrator) is providing on their website is true, accurate, and reliable? The only way to know is for someone to place an order there (better yet, several people place orders).

PCS for example, could easily invent queue numbers for each customer and have them tick down in some realistic looking way and you'd all be none the wiser (yet apparently happy). PCS could also invent daily stock deliveries, they're also smart enough to ensure the imaginary queue movement is linked to the imaginary stock deliveries and an imaginary build/testing time.

I'm not suggesting that this is what Overclockers are doing and I am absolutely certain that PCS would never do that, but as Abraham Lincoln once said "you can't believe everything you read on the

I'm not suggesting that this is what Overclockers are doing and I am absolutely certain that PCS would never do that, but as Abraham Lincoln once said "you can't believe everything you read on the Internet".
Respect where respect is due for Mr Lincoln. However, I would expect that if it is a service that they provide upon purchase then it would be a direct breach of TOC’s if they were lying to their customers. I think the question you should be asking yourself is “why would they need to lie about positions in the queue?”.

PCS also provide metric data of delivery times without any real data to prove this. Should we also assume that these are bogus?

“Assuming makes an ass out of you and me” - Reece Dunn 2020

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Respect where respect is due for Mr Lincoln. However, I would expect that if it is a service that they provide upon purchase then it would be a direct breach of TOC’s if they were lying to their customers. I think the question you should be asking yourself is “why would they need to lie about positions in the queue?”.

PCS also provide metric data of delivery times without any real data to prove this. Should we also assume that these are bogus?

“Assuming makes an ass out of you and me” - Reece Dunn 2020
You missed that part where I said that I am certain that PCS don't do this.

Why would some other system integrator lie about positions in the queue? Marketing people will often use anything they can to generate business. Just because someone says on a web page that they have x in stock and are shipping y per day and your position in the queue is z doesn't make it true.

PCS don't provide this kind of information because (I suspect) they don't have it. As I pointed out earlier, the estimated build time emails are automated and based on the JIT stock delivery - a stock delivery that just isn't happening just in time at all right now. To move to a manual system of queue place determination, stock delivery tracking, build/testing times, and sending the right emails to the right people with accurate queue positions and build estimates, is going to be a pretty near full time job for someone. Who will pay for that someone?

MartyF

The supply of GPU and CPU's is all over the place at the moment. Scan announced they were getting a shipment of 5800x's last weekend and when they opened the box it was 5900x's. You then had a large amount of very disappointed people (and some very happy people!).

Having no queue number isn't great but being told your queue position is going back up...

JPM

Some information is better than no information in my opinion. I don't think there's anything stopping PCS from posting daily average build times on twitter instead of memes for example. I'm personally not a huge fan of overclockers, but it's refreshing to see they are at least trying to keep thier community up to speed.

You missed that part where I said that I am certain that PCS don't do this.

Why would some other system integrator lie about positions in the queue? Marketing people will often use anything they can to generate business. Just because someone says on a web page that they have x in stock and are shipping y per day and your position in the queue is z doesn't make it true.

PCS don't provide this kind of information because (I suspect) they don't have it. As I pointed out earlier, the estimated build time emails are automated and based on the JIT stock delivery - a stock delivery that just isn't happening just in time at all right now. To move to a manual system of queue place determination, stock delivery tracking, build/testing times, and sending the right emails to the right people with accurate queue positions and build estimates, is going to be a pretty near full time job for someone. Who will pay for that someone?
Working as a Manufacturing Manager myself, I can tell you that a company ‘would’ pay someone to do this. The position is formally called a Production Coordinator. Without bogging down on too much detail about job descriptions, but usually it is down to that individual to provide information on production times to the customer along with any other administrative duties.

Remember if you are a production facility working in a JiT environment you work on the principle of FiFo. This would make it incredibly easy to figure out a queuing system.

PCS do provide a metric on their despatch times up to 28 working days. A % of which orders are met between ordered to despatched. You are inviting us to assume that the metrics on the Overclockers website are possibly a lie. However, whatever metrics that PCS provide are indeed correct. Not sure about that one really.

p.s my job title wasn’t a flex, more to do with relevance.

Last edited:

Bren

So at the very start for anyone in my situation I wasn't gonna say anything but I think it's very unfair on people like us who assumed first come first served meant you get there first you'd some what get it first but this is what they got to say.... before anyone says I know there was gonna be loads of people
We are prioritising full builds rather than update orders

I had a feeling it was pretty shoddy from the very start 0 information from the start and until week 8 week 9 now they decide to say oh yeah we're doing builds as a priorty... dunno how that could slip your mind but you tell me you can take my money so quickly advertise something then go the other way but then also complain oh we can't give you your order due to low stock no you can't give me my order due to prioritising builds which I find as a paying customer so un fair and the excuses start to dry out week after week more builds you see go out if they didn't wanna sell upgrades simply grey it out don't take our money then complain, advertise first come first serve then do something completely different shoddy down to a T dunno how they can do that

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Working as a Manufacturing Manager myself, I can tell you that a company ‘would’ pay someone to do this. The position is formally called a Production Coordinator. Without bogging down on too much detail about job descriptions, but usually it is down to that individual to provide information on production times to the customer along with any other administrative duties.

Remember if you are a production facility working in a JiT environment you work on the principle of FiFo. This would make it incredibly easy to figure out a queuing system.

PCS do provide a metric on their despatch times up to 28 working days. A % of which orders are met between ordered to despatched. You are inviting us to assume that the metrics on the Overclockers website are possibly a lie. However, whatever metrics that PCS provide are indeed correct. Not sure about that one really.

And if they did pay someone to do this who so you think would end up footing the bill in increased prices?

Gavras

Master Poster
Some information is better than no information in my opinion. I don't think there's anything stopping PCS from posting daily average build times on twitter instead of memes for example. I'm personally not a huge fan of overclockers, but it's refreshing to see they are at least trying to keep thier community up to speed.
Hmm Overclockers Community, that will be the one on its 3rd 3080 thread (rest closed by OC) and current one on 1233 posts. Also a banning system in place purely for graphics card threads.

the toxic atmosphere on the early threads where of a magnitude higher than on here, hence banning system and thread closures.

the problem with information is the accuracy of the information.

No information is better than information that is not (or cannot be accurate).

A system builder is at the mercy of market forces within the Global supply chain.

A couple facts.

Samsung where not ready to provide volume as TSMC have previously.
Samsung had issues with initial builds and lower nm’s.
The COVID situation means globally the orders for pc’s has dramatically increased.
There is a global components shortage (has been since 2016 ish)
The shortage of cards is a global situation.
Nvidia are releasing 4 (potentially 5) levels of card (multiply out to other manufacturers and variations of each level) - compounding component shortages and card shortages.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor

TBH It's all moot anyway because we neither know what the situation is inside PCS, nor could we affect it even if we did.

I am quite certain that PCS are not deliberately hiding information that would be easy to distribute to all customers. Perhaps the reason they're not making more of an effort to change their reporting system is because they see the current delivery issues as a relatively short term problem?