RTX 3080

amiwood18

Bronze Level Poster
I don’t think there’s any way this is coming this year now 😢something to look forward to next year though, has any one received a pc recently and if so what date did you order? Just to know where abouts there at with order dates

Gavras

Master Poster
Couldn't have said it better myself, wanna do the remaining 619 email enquiries for me?
Lol nah, you can have that ‘livin the Dream’ thing.

I spent long enough as a Product Director in a Software company that happened to also source its own hardware including bespoke screens, PC’s and PSU’s etc.

You can imagine the how our customers took it when their £3 million order that was pencilled in for 12 weeks, jumped out to 25 weeks lol.

I would advise you treat yourself to a very good whiskey for Christmas.

@AgentCooper nah, will skip on that, there is a 3060 TI with my name on it (once all fun and games end lol).

Stevewtw

Bronze Level Poster
I'VE GIVEN UP (after 52 working days)

Way too much uncertainly at PCS and indeed globally for 3080s to keep it my order. I've removed the ASUS Strix from my system build (still keeping my AMD 5900x) in the hope of getting it delivered in a couple of weeks. I've just been offered a ASUS 3080 TUF OC for £1050 from a scalper. Would you go for it? My other option it to stick my current 2080 into my new PCS system and wait for the 3080 situation to stabilise.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Nice to see the 970 getting a few mentions over the past couple of pages on this thread. I had (and still have safely stored in a box) the MSI variant with the large bit of red paintwork around one fan and go-faster stripes. That card served me very well.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken

Way too much uncertainly at PCS and indeed globally for 3080s to keep it my order. I've removed the ASUS Strix from my system build (still keeping my AMD 5900x) in the hope of getting it delivered in a couple of weeks. I've just been offered a ASUS 3080 TUF OC for £1050 from a scalper. Would you go for it? My other option it to stick my current 2080 into my new PCS system and wait for the 3080 situation to stabilise.
Stick with the 2080, man. Don’t put profit in a scalper’s pocket 👍

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

As @AgentCooper says, stick with the 2080 until next year when stocks settle down a bit.

Scalpers are only successful when someone is willing to buy at their rediculous prices. The 2080 is still a very capable card, keep it going for a couple more months.

Smoggyuk

Bronze Level Poster
Staff member

I run an EVGA 2060 Super, I play 90% of all games at 1080/1440p mixed high/ultra settings above 60fps at all times.

I am aiming to purchase a 3070 when stocks settle, it isn't a requirement as of yet as I have literally no troubles with performance.

Stick with the 2080 and don't pay these daft prices for graphics card that will reach MSRP within a matter of weeks/months.

Last edited:

Gavras

Master Poster

As has been said stick with current 2080.

is your 2080 hitting 98% and failing to provide great detail on Custom settings?

I would wait for the 3080 Ti, then laugh at the early adopters with their ‘lesser’ cards.

There is always overclocking the 2080 if you want to squeeze that extra % of perceived performance.

for me, I am waiting on the lowly 3060 Ti, and seeing if the one with 12gb memory is produced (it exists on the HP driver list)

for 3070 there are further rumours of the Ti version with 16gb memory.

definitely waiting for everything to develop.

Last edited:

AlbiGd

Were you running DLSS at all?
Yes, it needs to be on otherwise you get like 15fps. On quality mode i was around 50, on performance and ultra performance mode it goes up to 60 and 70 but you start to notice the changes of the resolution. In the end i decided to remove some effects that i don't like or i don't think make the game look better. I turned off motion blur, film grain, depth of field. Also the reflections are a bit over the top, with RTX the asphalt looks so reflective, like it's raining all the time. I only kept RTX for shadows and lighting, it just look better for me. I reduced also the cascade shadows resolution and screen space reflections too, can't really notice the difference and i'm costantly above 60 fps now.

AlbiGd

970 here, so a 3080 is going to feel like a rocket launch of an upgrade!
i had an AMD FX-8350 and a 970 and yes, it's like night and day you won't be disappointed. Beside gaming, i noticed a HUGE difference while rendering videos and overall speed and responsiveness.

San5061

On 50 waiting days with the below build, has anyone received similar builds so far? Still holding out for Christmas delivery!

CaseBE QUIET! DARK BASE PRO 900 REV. 2 FULL TOWER GAMING CASE
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: THERMALTAKE CORE X71 TEMPERED GLASS EDITION GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i9 14 Core Processor i9-10940X (3.3GHz) 19.25MB Cache
MotherboardASUS® ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME ENCORE: DDR4, 6Gb/s, CrossFireX/SLI, Wi-Fi AC - ARGB Ready
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: ASUS® ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING II: ATX, USB 3.2, SATA 6 GB/s, Wi-Fi AC - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)64GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (4 x 16GB)
Graphics Card10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080
1st Storage Drive4TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
2nd Storage Drive4TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 1600W PRO SERIES™ TITANIUM AX1600i DIGITAL MODULAR PSU
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre IEC C19 UK Power Cable
Processor CoolingCorsair H115i PRO Cooler w/ PCS Ultra Quiet Fans
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: Corsair H115i RGB PRO XT Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound CardONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
Wireless Network CardASUS PCE-AX58BT Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) 2400Mbps/5GHz, 600Mbps/2.4GHz
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusBullGuard™ Internet Security - 3 User, 1 Year
BrowserGoogle Chrome™
Keyboard & MouseCorsair K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard (UK)
MouseRazer® Deathadder V2 Gaming Mouse
Mouse PadPCS Mouse Mat - XXL
Surge Protection6 Socket 2m Surge Protector
Warranty3 Year Platinum Warranty (3 Year Collect & Return, 3 Year Parts, 3 Year labour)
Home InstallationNONE
DeliverySTANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build TimeStandard Build - Approximately 9 to 11 working days
Promotional ItemGet CoD:Cold War & 1YR GeForce Now w/ select RTX Graphics Cards
Promotional ItemGet Assassin's Creed: Valhalla with select SAMSUNG SSDs!

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
On 50 waiting days with the below build, has anyone received similar builds so far? Still holding out for Christmas delivery!

CaseBE QUIET! DARK BASE PRO 900 REV. 2 FULL TOWER GAMING CASE
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: THERMALTAKE CORE X71 TEMPERED GLASS EDITION GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i9 14 Core Processor i9-10940X (3.3GHz) 19.25MB Cache
MotherboardASUS® ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME ENCORE: DDR4, 6Gb/s, CrossFireX/SLI, Wi-Fi AC - ARGB Ready
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: ASUS® ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING II: ATX, USB 3.2, SATA 6 GB/s, Wi-Fi AC - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)64GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (4 x 16GB)
Graphics Card10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080
1st Storage Drive4TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
2nd Storage Drive4TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 1600W PRO SERIES™ TITANIUM AX1600i DIGITAL MODULAR PSU
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre IEC C19 UK Power Cable
Processor CoolingCorsair H115i PRO Cooler w/ PCS Ultra Quiet Fans
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: Corsair H115i RGB PRO XT Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound CardONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
Wireless Network CardASUS PCE-AX58BT Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) 2400Mbps/5GHz, 600Mbps/2.4GHz
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusBullGuard™ Internet Security - 3 User, 1 Year
BrowserGoogle Chrome™
Keyboard & MouseCorsair K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard (UK)
MouseRazer® Deathadder V2 Gaming Mouse
Mouse PadPCS Mouse Mat - XXL
Surge Protection6 Socket 2m Surge Protector
Warranty3 Year Platinum Warranty (3 Year Collect & Return, 3 Year Parts, 3 Year labour)
Home InstallationNONE
DeliverySTANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build TimeStandard Build - Approximately 9 to 11 working days
Promotional ItemGet CoD:Cold War & 1YR GeForce Now w/ select RTX Graphics Cards
Promotional ItemGet Assassin's Creed: Valhalla with select SAMSUNG SSDs!
Check out this thread

i would not out of principle i cant stand scalping so to buy one for a marked up price just encourages it but each to there own