RTX 3080

willrnt

Bronze Level Poster
Once all components are in stock I doubt it would be too long. It doesn’t take that long to build a custom water loop, but obviously requires more testing. No-one except from PCS can give you an answer but you’re probably looking at a similar time to the rest of us at 70+ days
im currently on my second week waiting with all components in stock. Mu estimated build date is tomorrow but jts the third time it gets delayed so still a good 2-3 weeks of waiting imo

imfasttom

Gold Level Poster
I envy your optimism
I'm not in the same situation as some of the other people here. This build is purely a move to PC from console. But I still have my trusty Xbox so I can play games and for work I use Mac, so I feel like I can wait.

Just trying to add some light into this thread. Stock will arrive eventually. Its frustrating but everyone will get a build. Unfortunately its just a waiting game.

MadK17

Bronze Level Poster
Hey folks, any advice on PSUs as I'm concerned that this may end up being a blocker to my AMD 3900 / GTX 3900 build (due to enter the building on Friday). I'd previously upgraded to 1000W RMx given the shortage of 850W RMx but these have now gone to pre-order mode. Would I be ok downgrading to an 850w RM or an 850W TXm?

Interestingly the configurator says I could get away with a 750W but I've been previously told on here to not do that with a GTX 3090.

Appreciate your advice!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Hey folks, any advice on PSUs as I'm concerned that this may end up being a blocker to my AMD 3900 / GTX 3900 build (due to enter the building on Friday). I'd previously upgraded to 1000W RMx given the shortage of 850W RMx but these have now gone to pre-order mode. Would I be ok downgrading to an 850w RM or an 850W TXm?

Interestingly the configurator says I could get away with a 750W but I've been previously told on here to not do that with a GTX 3090.

Appreciate your advice!
RM is the precursor to the RMx series, not quite as good but still quality units. I wouldn't go TXm, it's a bit of a downgrade.

MadK17

Bronze Level Poster
RM is the precursor to the RMx series, not quite as good but still quality units. I wouldn't go TXm, it's a bit of a downgrade.
Thanks AC. I've read there's quite a few little upgrades in the RMx but didn't have the context on whether it was "nice to have" vs "must have". Assuming 850W RM is a better idea than a 750W RMx given my components?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Thanks AC. I've read there's quite a few little upgrades in the RMx but didn't have the context on whether it was "nice to have" vs "must have". Assuming 850W RM is a better idea than a 750W RMx given my components?
Yep, the moment that 3090 starts working under load it's going to push a 750w PSU quite hard and work it at the higher end of its power threshold. The harder it's pushed, the shorter the lifespan.

Yep, the moment that 3090 starts working under load it's going to push a 750w PSU quite hard and work it at the higher end of its power threshold. The harder it's pushed, the shorter the lifespan.

Thanks for the advice, i upgraded to the 3090 but still had the 750w, changed it to the 850w.... hopefully we get a build update in the next week or two :)

MichaelJames249

Thanks for the advice, i upgraded to the 3090 but still had the 750w, changed it to the 850w.... hopefully we get a build update in the next week or two :)
I went from 850w with 3080 to 1000w with 3090 gives you nice bit of head room then! Its a little overkill but they have 1000w in stock it seems they don't have much of the 850w

Gavras

Master Poster
And also real world pennies as a PSU specced wrongly and operating hard equates to higher electric bill.

The joys of physics in action.

I went from 850w with 3080 to 1000w with 3090 gives you nice bit of head room then! Its a little overkill but they have 1000w in stock it seems they don't have much of the 850w

i think for me the 1000w is a bit overkill - i would consider it, but one is greyed out the other is on pre-order (on my amends list). i've gone for the 850w RM - i think its just eh 850RMx that is not in stock (but who knows really haha)

1611060072413.png

MadK17

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah the 1000W have gone out of stock in the past few days, including the RMX, AX and the RMi (which isn't even listed anymore). It's possible it's a temporary blip but for now i've switched to an 850W RM. I'll keep an eye on it and see if they come back.

nabulio

51 days later, and after switching from the 5900x to the 3900xt on Monday, and the 3090 on the 31/12/20, my PC is finally in building.

Ultimately, I decided that it was worth trading a bit of productivity performance for a much shorter lead time. I have a 4k monitor so I'm probably not leaving much performance on the table in terms of gaming.

People have different use cases, so doing what I did might not make sense for everyone. But at least it's another data point to consider.

MadK17

Bronze Level Poster
51 days later, and after switching from the 5900x to the 3900xt on Monday, and the 3090 on the 31/12/20, my PC is finally in building.

Ultimately, I decided that it was worth trading a bit of productivity performance for a much shorter lead time. I have a 4k monitor so I'm probably not leaving much performance on the table in terms of gaming.

People have different use cases, so doing what I did might not make sense for everyone. But at least it's another data point to consider.
What was your thinking on the 3900xt over the 3900x? Benchmarks look very similar

georgi.stoyanov

Bronze Level Poster
i think for me the 1000w is a bit overkill - i would consider it, but one is greyed out the other is on pre-order (on my amends list). i've gone for the 850w RM - i think its just eh 850RMx that is not in stock (but who knows really haha)

View attachment 21451
ithink at the bottom of the page you can find the 1000x RMi series ,the one i changed to ,still available and in stock .

georgi.stoyanov

Bronze Level Poster
Weren't you on one of the 1000W PSUs? That might be a new problem for you
yeah im with 1000w RMi ,but to me it says its in stock ,if i go now on configure page its not greyed-out or pre order only , + im on the phone right now waiting for them to pick up ,wanna find out whats the problem.

MadK17

Bronze Level Poster
yeah im with 1000w RMi ,but to me it says its in stock ,if i go now on configure page its not greyed-out or pre order only , + im on the phone right now waiting for them to pick up ,wanna find out whats the problem.
Actually that's not right, the RMi series has just completely disappeared from the configurator (if you start a new build). I was also on the 1000W RMi and I suspect that like me that option is sitting at the very bottom of your amend configurator beyond the 1200W and 1600W. It's the same issue as when you're on an out of stock case and it gets listed to the far left of the selection panel.

EDIT: just saw your first post, yeah you're in the same boat as me with the 1000W RMi, I'm going to bet that's your problem. Would you mind asking them about what 850W and 1000W units they have in stock / expecting delivery soon?

rich1241

I'm on 39 working days atm (ordered 25 Nov) for my 3080 & 5900x...just gonna sit it out & it's understandable given the many supply issues. Got a Samsung Odyssey G9 in the Black Friday amazon sale which is waiting patiently to be used! My current machine is 9 years old (also from PCS)...not sure my 2gb GTX 680 will handle my new monitor :ROFLMAO: