RTX 3080

Boomer

Bronze Level Poster
Although "Building" was only a few hours on Monday morning, I have now been in "Testing" for four days*.
I was far too overexcited by the movement (now on 59 days) that I have become incredibly frustrated by the stall.
I am sure the PCS is very busy right now ... but please finish Testing soon.

How long does Testing normally take?

* Possibly note helped by having to upgrade the power supply after getting a warning during the Build phase. But that was also done on Monday.

Harag

Gold Level Poster
Although "Building" was only a few hours on Monday morning, I have now been in "Testing" for four days*.
I was far too overexcited by the movement (now on 59 days) that I have become incredibly frustrated by the stall.

* Possibly note helped by having to upgrade the power supply after getting a warning during the Build phase. But that was also done on Monday.
Good question. My PC (with no GPU) went into testing on build on monday, tested, QC'd and dispatched - all on the same day. DPS picked it up tuesday, and it arrived here Wednesday. Just waiting for the weekend now before I have time to even turn it on (friday after work).

Bobjones522

Bronze Level Poster

Hi - my last PC was from PCS back in 2015. A similar thing happened - it was in testing for at least 10 days. I phoned, and apparently they were having trouble with it overheating, so had to tweak internal layout or something a few times to get it right. Perhaps they're having trouble with yours.

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
It is better for it to be tested and working properly than rushed and then having issues with it. A friend bought one from a competitor of PCS because they were cheaper. It must have gone back to them 5 times in 2 months due to issues that they could have sorted had they tested longer or just done it correctly the first time.

Wuffles

It is better for it to be tested and working properly than rushed and then having issues with it. A friend bought one from a competitor of PCS because they were cheaper. It must have gone back to them 5 times in 2 months due to issues that they could have sorted had they tested longer or just done it correctly the first time.
Couldn't agree more. Thorough testing is the key to any new system. I would rather take a delay than own an expensive mistake. Ask anyone who has spent $125m on a Boeing 737 Max.
Pound for pound, nearly as expensive as a RTX 3090

Olliej

4WD - hoping I get my 3080 before 3080...

Anyone got any Netflix recommendations while I’m waiting? Or any good paints to watch dry?

Am I allowed to post my full build spec here for feedback? (Give us all something to do whilst we wait..) or only in the designated forum?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
4WD - hoping I get my 3080 before 3080...

Anyone got any Netflix recommendations while I’m waiting? Or any good paints to watch dry?

Am I allowed to post my full build spec here for feedback? (Give us all something to do whilst we wait..) or only in the designated forum?
You need to create your own thread on the check this spec forum

BetFin

Bronze Level Poster
55WD now... Besides my current system being on the slow march out, the only reason I opted for the 3080 was for Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 - I was worried it'd come before my 3080 but they're both delayed with no end in sight to this nightmare 😭

I think this is the longest I've ever had to wait for something I've ordered

The_Fonz

it really do be happening, might upgrade my ultrawide aswell, changed the lian li water cooled case for a CORSAIR CRYSTAL SERIES 680X which i think looks really nice, downgraded 2 days ago from the 3090 to a 3080

Tamutol

Bronze Level Poster
Currently on 73 working days. Hoping it's soon.
Yeah 78 here and I’ve seen people in the 80s. Got told on live chat they’ve had no deliveries and there’s no movement.
Earlier this week I called and they said they’re still on orders from early October.

R1Z

ordered 05/11/2020, 61 working days, went into building yesterday been frustrating but man am i excited, need that 3080 and 5950x in my life, nhs covid calls need power to call 😂
So they're processing 3080 orders for November?