Rugby World Cup 2023

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Given how awful Everton have been so far this season, I'm glad that I'll have a total distraction from the football for a while.

Ever the optimistic Ireland fan, I think we'll get out of the "Pool of Death", but beyond that? Who knows!

I suspect the first game of the tournament, France vs New Zealand will also end up being the final. I think France will win tonight, but New Zealand wins the final at the end of next month.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Given how awful Everton have been so far this season, I'm glad that I'll have a total distraction from the football for a while.

Ever the optimistic Ireland fan, I think we'll get out of the "Pool of Death", but beyond that? Who knows!

I suspect the first game of the tournament, France vs New Zealand will also end up being the final. I think France will win tonight, but New Zealand wins the final at the end of next month.
And I think England should send our women's team, as they would probably do better than the men, who won't get past the group stage

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
A change of captain and one of the best English performances in a long time. Weird that!
Yeah who needs the **** Farrell when you've got a kicker like Ford & a leader like Courtney, and for the record I've always put farrell in the same camp as wilkinson.................VASTLY OVERRATED

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
ahem.....................................rugby league is better than union

Season Unending - A Skyrim Self-Insert Quest | Page 9 | Sufficient Velocity

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
As someone who enjoys football and both codes of rugby, I ask that you cease disparaging the others or I shall be forced to take drastic action.

I'm not a mod, so I guess I'll be forced to ban wheel spins on the game giveaway thread - that's about as strict as I can get here!

law-police.gif

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Now that was a fantastic game of rugby. Yes, I'm biased because Ireland won, but it really shows what the game is all about!

Would quite happily accept an Ireland - South Africa final in a few weeks if it meant another game of that quality!

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Now that was a fantastic game of rugby. Yes, I'm biased because Ireland won, but it really shows what the game is all about!

Would quite happily accept an Ireland - South Africa final in a few weeks if it meant another game of that quality!
Yep, best of the 2 games I watched today, really not fancying the game against Samoa, hopefully Borthwick will see sense and drop farrell

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Absolutely. George Ford puts in two player of the match performances and gets dropped - madness!
yep total madness, at the start of the match today for the first 20 minutes I was like WHAT, as Chile were all over us

Last edited by a moderator:

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
yep total madness, at the start of the match today for the first 20 minutes I was like WTF, as Chile were all over us
I enjoyed that 20 minutes because it was a bit more end to end than I was expecting. Then England turned up and the result went that way everyone was expecting.