Rugby World Cup 2023

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I'm starting to think Ireland might actually win the thing!

Me & dad are still on speaking terms after that match (he's a Scotland fan, while I'm an English-born Ireland fan!), which is good.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
i bet that household is peaceful and quiet ;)
Dad's an Irish national due to his parents, so he's conflicted at the best of times. Mum's side of the family is half-Welsh/half-Irish, so between both my parents and my being born in England, I tick all the boxes! :ROFLMAO:

I'm also officially a dual national as of a few weeks ago once Dublin accepted that I'm Irish because of my grandparents. I'm a total mongrel!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Dad's an Irish national due to his parents, so he's conflicted at the best of times. Mum's side of the family is half-Welsh/half-Irish, so between both my parents and my being born in England, I tick all the boxes! :ROFLMAO:

I'm also officially a dual national as of a few weeks ago once Dublin accepted that I'm Irish because of my grandparents. I'm a total mongrel!
I'm exactly the same, 1/8th Irish, part Indian, mostly british, although there's some scottish in there too, I grew up abroad until I was 9 years old, and then worked abroad from 16 to 23.

I have no idea what I am. I decided I wasn't british, so whenever someone asked me I'd just reply I was "International"

I confused as hell at the best of times though, tell you that!

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hem, and what about France ?
(Look, i didn't really watch rugby (or football), so, I'm asking, genuinely ^^")

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm glad no one has mentioned the other game today as it was a disgrace, and as for that guy taking to long over a penalty......

Last edited by a moderator:

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Hem, and what about France ?
(Look, i didn't really watch rugby (or football), so, I'm asking, genuinely ^^")
France won their group and so will be playing South Africa next Sunday in St-Denis. South Africa won the last World Cup, so are maybe the favourites in that game. France playing in France will give them an edge - should be an interesting game whatever happens.
I'm glad no one has mentioned the other game today as it was a disgrace, and as for that guy taking to long over a penalty......
So many of the better kickers keep waiting until the last second, Sexton had one the other week where I felt like he had gone over time, but the ref ignored it. If they're introducing a timer for kicks, then it is right that they enforce it, so credit to the ref for doing it.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

Mmm I wonder what the @ActuallyDenz household is like now

HomerJ

Prolific Poster

When I'm In Front Of My Parents And Friends Start To Talk About Nights ...

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Me and dad are both disappointed (dad defaults to Ireland once Scotland are out of tournaments), but ultimately the All Blacks were better and deserved to squeak through. It could have been a different result on another night, but it wasn't to be. Being English, I'd like to see England do well, but I think I want France to win the World Cup so there's a new name on the trophy.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Have to say that was four well fought quarter final games. All quite close / good games.
I suspect the two semi-finals will be fairly one-sided, although my desire to see a new name on the trophy means half-heartedly cheering for Argentina which I suspect will be fruitless, even though they did beat the All Blacks last year. All Blacks/Sprinboks final could be interesting!