Sabertooth Question

TrustMeItsWorthIt

Gold Level Poster
Hi,
I was wondering if the sabertooth P67 have the RST capability that the P8Z68-z's have? I'm planning on caching a SSD to speed up my HDD and want to check the sabertooth has this capability.

Cheers:)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i dont see why you'd want the Sabertooth, what are the benefits other than the proven useless 'Thermal Armour'

the P8Z68-V PRO is what you are talking about i believe

the P8Z8-V PRO is also cheaper than the sabertooth and comes with a lot of extras, including bluetooth, and integrated graphics, and i know that sounds crap but the good thing about this integrated graphics is that it allows you to turn off your graphics card whenever you want and use this, ideal for when you are just using the internet or something similar, this saves a lot of energy in the long run and prolongs the life of your graphics cards, as well as producing less heat

Teaz

Godlike
eh? The sabertooth isnt actually pointless. its in the same class as the other p67 boards. Its just the beginner class board as it has the least overclocking features hence its just good for small overclocks with stock clocks which is why it has ultimate cooling. the otherboards trades the armour/cooling for more extreme overclocking features. nothing wrong with the sabertooth, its just a good starting board.

As vanthus and wozza said, its a no. Just the z68 chipsets.

TrustMeItsWorthIt

Gold Level Poster
I meant no offence to the Sabertooth, my apologies, it was an unthinking and foolish thing to say.
However for my needs its pointless :) I want RST and I'm going for an OC'd CPU so I suppose ill need the best board for it.

Thanks for the advice

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
The maximus iv extreme has a P67 Express Chipset,not z68 ,so I dont think it will give you the option of RST.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
the Z68 i believe is the only one they offer with the caching system and its got a lot of other cool features, although lacks on amount of some ports, ie less fan slots

Teaz

Godlike
I meant no offence to the Sabertooth, my apologies, it was an unthinking and foolish thing to say.
However for my needs its pointless :) I want RST and I'm going for an OC'd CPU so I suppose ill need the best board for it.

Thanks for the advice

lol its okay wasnt meaning anything nasty :)

tbh with you, the v-pro is a good bet if you want all of that. It has everything of the p67 as the z68 is the combination of the p67 and h67. it has real good overclocking features and power as the p67, just the extra new features like the ssd caching and stuff.

i dont think you really need the maximus unless you have the money to be replacing it sooner than thought lol the maximus just provide extra extreme power and overclocking features. in between the maximus and the p67/z68 is the p67 Deluxe board which has the upper hand in overclocking near the maximus. but its not much different so the v-pro is suitable for a good overclock. if you do go for the maximus or Deluxe and want that z68 features then you can ask pcs by calling them up if they can soucre you the new z68 models of the deluxe as the deluxe and maximus has the z68 models and are just 99% the same as the original p67 models except that it has the extra z68 features.

I think pcs might or could replace their p67 lineup with the new z68 line up as they are exactly the same apart from the new features.

TrustMeItsWorthIt

Gold Level Poster
Brilliant cheers, I'm not going to be buying for a month or two so ill plan for the Z68 but ill check before I buy to see if they've got the new lineup