Sadface

thingy003

So my laptop is now on its 10th day in pre-production. This gives me a massive sadface.

I also feel kind of cheated as it is not until after you have ordered and paid for your new build do you find out that there is about as much chance of getting your laptop within the 7-10 days displayed on all the sales pages as there is of satan needing to strap on ice skates to get to work.

The responses from PCS customer service have all been great but it doesn't change the fact that I am sans laptop.

I would love to say that it was mega urgent and I needed it for a mission of great importance like saving the world but really I just want to play guildwars2 and my old desktop just creaks, coughs up a ball of dust and falls over after half an hour or so of gaming.

I am kind of moaning here I guess but only because I was so overly excited to be getting a nice new laptop.

I will be full of joy when it turns up.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I dunno what spec you have ordered, but I do know that PCS a mega busy at the moment. But it will be with you soon my friend. The wait will be more than worth it! I've been through the same hard times twice now, its flippin horrible, but remember soon you will have your laptop!!!

steaky360

I know how you feel (I think everyone who has ordered here before does) its always the hardest part is the waiting.

Must point out the 7-10 days is just a guideline and chances are the average turnaround time for dispatching completed rigs changes on a daily basis due to demand from customers and supply of products.

That said, I'm sure it wont be all that much longer!

Edit: As tom said :)

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I know what you mean, i was very impatient when waiting for mine. I dont think that its a bad service that PC's provide and i would recomend them to anyone but i guess its the same when you order up anything of value that takes time. As soon as you hit that accept button your in the dark untill the progress bar changes.

I just kept thinking to myself "if you get a rushed built laptop it'll rush to breakdown" (dont think that line will go down in history)

The TLC they give our computers and laptops are next to none and it'll be worth the wait. I've noticed with my laptop and my friends that once it leaves pre-production it flys through the process like an arrow to the knee. :D

What have you ordered up as a matter of interest?

steaky360

... like an arrow to the knee. :D

double-facepalm1.jpg

thingy003

What have you ordered up as a matter of interest?

Hope this posts ok as I'm a bit of a technical luddite (despite working on an IT service desk)

Chassis & Display Optimus Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3610QM (2.30GHz) 6MB
Memory (RAM) 8GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M - 1.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11

Change to: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
2nd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 128GB KINGSTON V200 SSD, SATA 6 Gb (300MB/R, 190MB/W) (Special Offer)
2nd Hard Disk 500GB WD SCORPIO BLACK WD5000BPKT, SATA 3 Gb/s, 16MB CACHE (7200 rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW)
Memory Card Reader Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
Sound Card Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Network Facilities GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® ADVANCED-N 6235 (300Mbps) + BLUETOOTH
USB Options 3 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT AS STANDARD
Battery Optimus/Voyager Series 6 Cell Lithium-ION Battery (48.84WH)
Power Lead & Adaptor 1 x UK Power Lead & 120W AC Adaptor
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence
Office Software FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Laptop Cooling Stands NONE
Carry Case NONE
Monitor NONE
Keyboard & Mouse INTEGRATED UK KEYBOARD WITH NUMBER PAD
Mouse INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
Speakers NONE
Webcam INTEGRATED 2.0 MEGAPIXEL WEBCAM
Headsets (VOIP) NONE
Surge Protection NONE
Printer NONE
External Hard Drive NONE
Warranty 3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Home Installation NONE
Dead Pixel Guarantee NONE
Insurance 1 Month Free Laptop Insurance inc. Accidental Damage & Theft
Data Recovery NONE
Delivery PCS EXTRA-CARE DIAMOND DELIVERY - MON-FRI, PRE-NOON (£9)
Build Time Standard Build - Approximately 7 to 9 working days
Pricing Information

Processed Date 25-08-2012
Pre-Production Date 28-08-2012

Change To
Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M - 1.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11

ukpaul

I know how you feel reached day 10 finally into build after much time on the phone explaining i leave for uni this weekend! Rang this morning to see if i would recive the laptop this afternoon or if i would have to pay for a saturday delivery only to be told i wont recieve it till next wednesday with leaves me up sh*t creek for uni. Massive dissapointment to be honest as i was told on tuesday it should be dispatched to me yesterday or today! One this that has got me confused is how everyone has been saying once it enters build it is usually out the door that day so no idea why mine is taking 4! Anyone know?

ukpaul

Just recieved an email saying awaiting dispatch bloody well done pcs any idea if il be in time for a dispatch today?

steaky360

Just recieved an email saying awaiting dispatch bloody well done pcs any idea if il be in time for a dispatch today?

I've read elsewhere on these forums dispatch is usually in the afternoon, if that's the case it should be with you by Monday :). If its not dispatched today though I imagine you'll have to wait till Tuesday for Delivery (unless you paid for Saturday) - Best to ask PCS directly for a proper response though.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Warranty 3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

Thats an awesome sounding spec i'd advise going for the silver warranty its only an extra £5 but covers any transport for your computer should it need to be returned for a year instead of a month

Which i'd gone for an SSD on mine =(

thingy003

so, was that 13 days in Pre Prod?
I ordered a similar build on the 2nd Sept and am currently in day 8 in Pre Prod. Trying to get an idea how much longer I'll be waiting.

12 days in pre prod I think.

Its currently sat on my kitchen table and I am sat at work. Am looking forward to getting home.

brukin

Silver Level Poster
12 days in pre prod I think.

Its currently sat on my kitchen table and I am sat at work. Am looking forward to getting home.

Aha... rookie mistake. I get all fun things delivered to my work :) (I guess it depends on place of work)

"Your parcel is on the vehicle for delivery, due between 15:53 - 16:53"
Guess my last hour of work is going to be a bit lacking in productivity.... :D

thingy003

I would not have got any work done for the rest of the day if it had been delivered here :)

This is the first time I have ever had a brand new laptop (or desktop for that matter).Only 2 and a half hours till I can go home.

brukin

Silver Level Poster
I would not have got any work done for the rest of the day if it had been delivered here :)

This is the first time I have ever had a brand new laptop (or desktop for that matter).Only 2 and a half hours till I can go home.

Enjoy!

dlatimer

Bronze Level Poster
Lets hope you don't get roped into doing anything when you get home. Lock yourself away from the outside world and turn your phone off! :)