Salt Beef - Time to Brine

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
It literally flakes apart when it’s hot. It’ll slice up a treat when it has cooled. I know what I’m having on my sandwiches for the next couple of days 🙂👍

33403E6C-775F-4D1C-ABE1-5F123948B154.jpeg

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
What would you say the taste is like ? Im genuinely intrigued by salt beef looks a little like cornbeef
It’s essentially the same thing, salt beef is what old school corned beef was. Nothing like the mushy stuff you get in a can (although I do have a soft spot for that stuff too). It’s also the same as pastrami, that is just smoked and given a layer of spice after the brining.

If you’ve any local delis or specialty butchers round your way, it’s worth sticking your head in and seeing if they do their own salt/corned beef. Pick a few slices up and try it out. On a sandwich 👍

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Talking of sandwiches… this is what I had for my tea tonight. Fresh baguette, Russian dressing, sauerkraut, lettuce, sliced gherkins, French’s mustard, the beef and two slices of emmental cheese, lightly grilled. The cheese obscured most of the other ingredients so it’s not the best pic.

26605268-4CE5-41D3-B9C3-C37A123E843F.jpeg

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Talking of sandwiches… this is what I had for my tea tonight. Fresh baguette, Russian dressing, sauerkraut, lettuce, sliced gherkins, French’s mustard, the beef and two slices of emmental cheese, lightly grilled. The cheese obscured most of the other ingredients so it’s not the best pic.

View attachment 30115
THIS IS NOT A BAGUETTE !!!
My heart of french is crying !
Please, for your sake (and mine), find a real baguette somewhere ! i'm sure there is a good baker near you ! it must be ! :D

Joke aside, this look really good, and now, i'm hungry
again !

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
THIS IS NOT A BAGUETTE !!!
My heart of french is crying !
Please, for your sake (and mine), find a real baguette somewhere ! i'm sure there is a good baker near you ! it must be ! :D

Joke aside, this look really good, and now, i'm hungry
again !
:ROFLMAO:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
@AgentCooper, do you clean up your kitchen before you take these photos? Or do you perhaps live in a kitchen showroom? There are no crumbs, bits of last week's dinner, dirty mugs, knives etc. in any of your photos. And everything is stored nice and neat and tidily - that's just not normal! 😮
I’m an ex-chef and I’m somewhat obsessive (just in case that wasn’t common knowledge 😶). I even cable manage my spaghetti.