Seeking Advice on installing new RAM into my PC

Ads

Hello,

Purchased my PC from you guys ~18months ago..

I used mainly for gaming, however since playing swtor my 4gbs RAM seem to be lacking a little.. ( Task manager shows running at around 80% with various other programs running, chrome, razer synapse ). Anyway it couldnt hurt to beef up a little.

I realise you don't take responsibility for anything done by me to my pc, however I would just like some advice from the community on guiding me through installing my own RAM.

I have the following at present :

Motherboard ASUS® M4A87TD/USB3: DUAL DDR3,SATA 6.0GB/s, USB 3.0
Memory (RAM) 4GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 2GB)

As far as I can tell, its on a fundamental level its plug and play ??

Would the link below be the correct type for my motherboard ? and is it as easy as plug and play.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/8gb-...0-(1333)-non-ecc-unbuffered-cas-9-9-9-24-150v

Many thanks in advance and apologies if I offend by linking to another pc site >.<

Ads

Corfate

Author Level
Well, i recently got an extra 4gb from PCS (I emailed them, and they added it to my account, came the next day). I just simply put it into the slot, pressed down until the locking mechanism popped into the RAM, and that was it. Easy as pie.

Overall, i paid £28 for the RAM (£22 for RAM, £6 Delivery). You could email them at [email protected] which i did, or better yet ring up :)

Remember to have your order number handy if you ring up, and make sure to include it in the email

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I have the same motherboard.To double your RAM,
It's just a case of popping 2X2GB modules into the two available slots
on your motherboard.
Why not ask PCS if they can supply you with the same two modules you have.
that way you can be sure they will be compatible.

Last edited: