Service Is Going Fast!

Jaymee-Nausica

Gold Level Poster
Hey All :)

Its Thursday 6th Dec and Im only on the 4th working day, and I have passed Processing and Pre-Production and today its in Built stage. :sorcerer:

That means from Monday-Thursday... Is that normal :turned: Sounds quite fast :D

Although i must say, my build wasnt being fitted with a GPU as im ordering my own to fit... (If that effects anything)

Anyways i just wasnt expecting it to be at this stage so soon! Good stuff

blackhawk

seems that all systems go at the moment mine is in its 6th day and allready in dispatch some people have all the luck cant wait for mine to be delivered :):yes:

Last edited:

lonbow

What spec have you guys gone for?

Soon to be on my 13th working day, still in pre-production.. it never ends :sleep1:

samwil

Enthusiast
1st working day, - In building :D If I get it this week I will literally kill myself when it arrives.

Jaymee-Nausica

Gold Level Poster
:) Everyones getting abit excited. lol

@Samwil -So in your Oder Notes does yours say its actually been Built now....? Mine got built on Thursday, still waiting for it to get into testing and QC, then hopefully it mite arrive by Friday. #Fingers crossed, but no rush :)

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
They must be rushing to meet Christmas deadline as they made the statement of 'if you order by blah, guaranteed before Christmas' x) I imagine they've shot themselves in the feet now so they're having to build in half the time!

Rakk

The Awesome
They must be rushing to meet Christmas deadline as they made the statement of 'if you order by blah, guaranteed before Christmas' x) I imagine they've shot themselves in the feet now so they're having to build in half the time!

They aren't building in half the time, they are just working a lot of overtime I believe :)
As PCS said in one thread, they have started working 6am-10pm or something like that

samwil

Enthusiast
Nah mine is in the building phase, but I really don't think they would have built it in 1 working day :)
@Narcotics Will be sure to give you plenty of pics! ;)

And yea, I thought it would be a bit late to leave it, only 10 working days for them to build and deliver computers from scratch, but on some websites they build and dispatch within 5 days so? :S

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
They aren't building in half the time, they are just working a lot of overtime I believe :)
As PCS said in one thread, they have started working 6am-10pm or something like that

Does that not mean that they're building in half the time? :p If they normally dispatched in like 10-12 days and now there's lots of people popping up saying they've entered QC or dispatch after 5 or 6 days? x)

Overtime or not it's still half the normal waiting period :L

Rakk

The Awesome
Does that not mean that they're building in half the time? :p If they normally dispatched in like 10-12 days and now there's lots of people popping up saying they've entered QC or dispatch after 5 or 6 days? x)

Overtime or not it's still half the normal waiting period :L

What I meant was that the amount of time it is in 'build' will be about the same, but its the pre-production wait that is reduced :)

Last edited:

Jaymee-Nausica

Gold Level Poster
Mine was in Pre-Prod for 2 Days, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Then the next day, Thursday, it said it was Built.

I was very Impressed, although that did sound abit too fast to me, but then again, I mean 1 day surely is enough time to build a PC, should take maybe a few hours right....? But it depends on who does it, and at what level of precision they do it at... which leads me to the next thing. lol

Although im 100% sure all of PCS staff are very knowledgeable in building Desktop PCs, upon calling PCS and inquired about who built my PC, I was told it was by a gentleman who does customer service and telephone calls, which had me worrying, to think that my PC wasn't built by some one who normally or regularly does the PC building and was just doing overtime to help during the Christmas period, It just didn't sound right to me, :confused: and i was worrying as im spending well over 1G on it, but im sure it will be fine :)

Narcotics

Rising Star

I was very Impressed, although that did sound abit too fast to me, but then again, I mean 1 day surely is enough time to build a PC, should take maybe a few hours right....? But it depends on who does it, and at what level of precision they do it at... which leads me to the next thing. lol

Although im 100% sure all of PCS staff are very knowledgeable in building Desktop PCs, upon calling PCS and inquired about who built my PC, I was told it was by a gentleman who does customer service and telephone calls, which had me worrying, to think that my PC wasn't built by some one who normally or regularly does the PC building and was just doing overtime to help during the Christmas period, It just didn't sound right to me, :confused: and i was worrying as im spending well over 1G on it, but im sure it will be fine :)

Total build time was less than an hour http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7-z1QaqrGU

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Although im 100% sure all of PCS staff are very knowledgeable in building Desktop PCs, upon calling PCS and inquired about who built my PC, I was told it was by a gentleman who does customer service and telephone calls, which had me worrying, to think that my PC wasn't built by some one who normally or regularly does the PC building and was just doing overtime to help during the Christmas period, It just didn't sound right to me, and i was worrying as im spending well over 1G on it, but im sure it will be fine
I wouldn't worry :), I am sure whoever is buiding your system is very competent. Not in PCS's interest to send it to you if it is not done properly.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace

I wouldn't worry Jaymee,PCS won't have someone building your computer who isn't qualified to do so,they do other things as well when required,like customer support,flexibility is the name of the game nowadays.

Jaymee-Nausica

Gold Level Poster
Initially, im sure the 1st thing for anyone to do is worry or think "Huh...?" :confused: When your spending alot of money on something all kinds of things run through your mind.

But then when I thought about it properly, like i said, im 100% sure it will be done well and properly. :):smartass:

Otherwise :gunsmilie: Just kidding Lmao :innocent: