Show Off Your Overclock

Matt

Bright Spark
Couldn't see a similar thread.

Post your overclock details on your intel/amd cpu.

i5 2500k
Asus p8p67 Rev3
4GIG Kingston DDR3 Hyper-x
Ati 5850
Windows 7 64
Noctua NH-U12P SE2
Haf 912 PLUS

I managed to get the i5 up to 4.3ghz on stock volts. Didn't need to change anything apart from the cpu multi to 43. 44 required offset mode and loan line calibration of medium. The offset was set at 0.005. 4.5ghz was reached by increasing offset to 0.025. PL overvoltage was disabled.

My max temps reached under intel burn test maximum stress run 5 times were 73c. In gaming i rarely see temps exceed 60c unless its boiling hot in my room in which case i have seen it up at 63. Generally i see temps in the high 50's and idle in the high 20's.

Pretty sure i can get more from it but im not sure i want my vcore exceeding 1.3. I did try 4.6 but that failed IBT on 4.5ghz volts.

I'd be interested to know what other peoples settings are, particuarly gorman or anyone else at pcs.

EDIT, i seem to have lost the full load screenshot. Not sure what happened. But under full load Vcore was between 1.288-1.304

Last edited:

Gorman

Author Level
Heatkiller 3.0

4503353477_b33ed37239.jpg

Matt

Bright Spark
I had to google that. I see its german built. I expect its highly efficient. Amirite? :D

mishra

Rising Star
OK I see someone may be interested in my OC, so will also post. It's not really a great OC, I am sure my rig could do better but since this is my "every-day" OC so wanted to keep it right.

few details:
Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE [email protected] (stock: 3.2Ghz)
Noctua NH-D14 on CPU and 2x other Noctua fans for my Haf-912 Plus case
4GB Kingston DDR3 HyperX Blu
AMD HD 5770 1GB
Windows 7 (64bit)

Overclock:
To be honest, due to fact it's a Black Edition CPU and the multiplier is unlocked so just increased the value to 19.5 and that's how I got perfectly stable 3.9Ghz at a very low temps ^^
As you can see from screenshot the Prime95 did NOT run for 4+ hours (I only kept it running for just over an hour), just to show MAX temps.

Since this is my daily PC for last 6 months, so is the overclock at 3.9Ghz, you just have to believe me it is solid as rock setup ^^ no crashes, issues or whatever... just works great as an everyday PC for games, photoshop and anything I throw at it. So yeah end of story.

Heres the picture

Hope it helps

F3AR

Gorman, is there a post of your PC anywhere? (Pics included obviously :D )

As it looks Awesome!.

And i want to water cool mine...

Matt

Bright Spark
OK I see someone may be interested in my OC, so will also post. It's not really a great OC, I am sure my rig could do better but since this is my "every-day" OC so wanted to keep it right.

few details:
Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE [email protected] (stock: 3.2Ghz)
Noctua NH-D14 on CPU and 2x other Noctua fans for my Haf-912 Plus case
4GB Kingston DDR3 HyperX Blu
AMD HD 5770 1GB
Windows 7 (64bit)

Overclock:
To be honest, due to fact it's a Black Edition CPU and the multiplier is unlocked so just increased the value to 19.5 and that's how I got perfectly stable 3.9Ghz at a very low temps ^^
As you can see from screenshot the Prime95 did NOT run for 4+ hours (I only kept it running for just over an hour), just to show MAX temps.

Since this is my daily PC for last 6 months, so is the overclock at 3.9Ghz, you just have to believe me it is solid as rock setup ^^ no crashes, issues or whatever... just works great as an everyday PC for games, photoshop and anything I throw at it. So yeah end of story.

Heres the picture

Hope it helps

Nice man. Good job.

Regarding stability, i found that i can run my i5@ 1.25 volts @4.5ghz without any crashes in games, yet it fails prime after a couple of hours and fails intel burn test on the second run. Yet it never crashed in any games. However i ended up increasing the voltage as the temparture increase was minimal and it was nice just to know it was 100% stable when pushed to the limit, even though it will never get pushed that hard in gaming terms.

Unwina

Silver Level Poster
Nice man. Good job.

Regarding stability, i found that i can run my i5@ 1.25 volts @4.5ghz without any crashes in games, yet it fails prime after a couple of hours and fails intel burn test on the second run. Yet it never crashed in any games. However i ended up increasing the voltage as the temparture increase was minimal and it was nice just to know it was 100% stable when pushed to the limit, even though it will never get pushed that hard in gaming terms.

Do games actually see any benefit from overclocking the CPU I can see it with the GPU, just wondering. If your OC is bombing on the tools that are normally used to determine the OC limits then aren't you potentially setting yourself up to blow up the CPU if your PC hits some insanely processor intensive stuff you weren't expecting.

I only say this as replacing the processor is not cheap.

Matt

Bright Spark
Do games actually see any benefit from overclocking the CPU I can see it with the GPU, just wondering. If your OC is bombing on the tools that are normally used to determine the OC limits then aren't you potentially setting yourself up to blow up the CPU if your PC hits some insanely processor intensive stuff you weren't expecting.

I only say this as replacing the processor is not cheap.

Yes they do.

The i5-i7 are great chips that can run all games pretty damn well at stock levels afaik. With in built overclocking turbo, which on my chip boosts it from 3.3 to 3.7 while gaming. However the k series have unlocked multi's so its pretty much considered rude if you dont overclock it. Why buy a k version if you dont intend to overclock it? The only difference the k version adds is unlimited overclocking afaik.

Overclocking sandybridge is so easy. A lot of i5's will go up to 4.3ghz on stock volts.

I'm not worried about damaging my processor as i am well within intels own specifications for their cpu's.

I used this as a guideline

- Do not exceed 1.35-1.38v core voltage, doing so could limit lifespan of the CPU
- Do not overclock with BCLK, again doing so could limit lifespan of the CPU
- Recommended memory voltage is 1.50v, so make sure to run your memory at 1.50v, higher could limit lifespan of the CPU
- These recommendations come from (competitor) and Intel, your warranty is un-affected but we highly recommend you adhere to the above to make sure your CPU lifespan is un-affected
- All Sandybridge CPU's worldwide should be run at the above or lower voltages, no higher!

Running my i5 at 4.5@ 1.288-1.304 vcore
Memory at 1.5
BLK at 100

Last edited:

R0B_

Bronze Level Poster
Thought I'd jump on the band wagon for this one as well :)

desktop-1.jpg
destop11.png

note: Temps a little higher than idle as under some load at the time

Last edited:

mishra

Rising Star
Wow, nice R0B_ That's some impressive OC :)
Is that fully stable? I mean on Prime95 or something similar?

And also temps are amazing :D
Is that 51C max after some stress testing of CPU or just under normal windows load? If so can you post image of your temps where you running Prime95 or something that is stressing all your cores to the max?

Anyway +rep from me for some nice results :)

R0B_

Bronze Level Poster
The picture is a little bit misleading. I do apologise. The temps shown were no where near what is reached with Prime95, but it is very stable. I can run Prime95 (64-bit) for 24 hours, though I've never gone longer, and memtest from hcidesign.com can run for the same amount of time.

The hardest part was overclocking the RAM to be honest. It took me ages to realise that I needed to up the VCCIO to 1.1v in order for the RAM to stay stable at 2133MHz.

I shall do some more testing and temp recording and get back to you with the results soon(ish).

Matt

Bright Spark
Nice work dude. This thread needed a bump of quality.

Our vcores are fairly similiar. I found that i had to increase mine a little bit (0.005v i think) as it failed after 6 runs of Intel Burn Test. I'll run 10 runs of it on maximum and report back shortly.