Sigh... another problem... :(

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Every time I turn on the PC a blue screen comes up with "Kernal Data Inpage Error"? Then it restarts and works fine.

• Case COOLERMASTER SILENCIO 650 QUIET MID TOWER CASE
  • Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-3770K (3.5GHz) 8MB Cache
  • Motherboard ASUS® P8Z77-V PRO/THUNDERBOLT: PCI-E 3.0 READY,WIFI, SLI, X-FIRE
  • Memory (RAM) 32GB SAMSUNG DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (4 X 8GB)
  • Graphics Card 4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 690 DUAL GPU - 3 x DVI-I, 1 x mDP
  • 2nd Graphics Card NONE
  • 3rd Graphics Card NONE
  • Memory - 1st Hard Disk 240GB INTEL® 330 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (500MB/sR,450MB/sW) (Special)
  • 2nd Hard Disk 2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD2002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)

Help appreciated! Thanks.

Oh and it's Windows 8...

ReeceN

Silver Level Poster
Hi nathanjrb.

Could you please also post the error code you receive after where it says KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR e.g. STOP 0x0000000A

This is so we can work out what the actual error is.

P.s. May be best to take and upload a photo :)

Thanks,

Reece

Last edited:

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Ok, it happened again!

It just said:

KERNEL_INPAGE_DATE_ERROR

Then Windows rebooted and started as normal, except this message appeared:

34et0ed.jpg

View details:

bdl7hy.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1835.jpg
    IMG_1835.jpg
    860.4 KB · Views: 88

Mango(MarkWright)

Enthusiast
It seemed like your first problem was bad, this one is a little less, well let's say drastic, I have no idea how you could fix this, sorry, I really only know about PC parts and stuff..

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I would try a clean install,if the problem persists it could point to a hardware issue.

ReeceN

Silver Level Poster
Ok thanks.

Can you please upload your minidump file presented in the above screen shot located "C:\Windows\MiniDump\111212\14375-01.dmp
this should give much clearer information as to what is causing the issue?
Once we have this we can say for more certain as too what is causing the actual error and what can be done to correct it.

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
From bad... to worse... to even worse :(

So after I received error messages booting up (see previous thread) I thought if try a Windows Reset (very easy in PC settings in Windows 8).

All went well, it asked to insert the installation disc, which I did - then it refreshed - and when it finished output to the monitor stopped. Utterly. It just says "no signal".

I've tried putting it on the Mobo VGA and outputting to a different monitor, nothing works.

I've had this problem before an I just unclipped and re-fitted the RAM. Should I give that a go?

So disappointed with all this. You think you'll just switch it on straight out the box and it will all work - apparently not.

ReeceN

Silver Level Poster
I'd message PCS if this is a new system!

Basically with major faults within Windows, it really does help if you can go to your C:\Windows\MiniDump\ folder and grab the minidump files relating to this and upload them so we can see what hardware/software is having the issues.

Using your motherboard video output will probably not work if you have a graphics card slotted in, and therefore any monitors you have should be linked to your GPU video output ports only.

It sounds like the graphics drivers didn't fully install for some reason when you installed windows.

First of all I'd contact PCS directly.

Next make sure all components are all connected tight into each other inside your case (if new they should have been protected by the foam insert but you never know).

Next you can try again to re install windows, but if you are getting no video output at all I would definitely contact PCS for further help.

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Hello! Problem solved, I reset Windows and it just went away... oh and I solved the no output by switching it 'off and on again' at the wall for 10 secs :)