Skyfire 3 webcam not available

BubiBoo

Hi,

I got my Skyfire 3 laptop through yesterday, and the webcam is not working. It doesn't show at all in device manager, and my setup disc appears to be faulty, as the only driver is realtek WLAN, and winzip/adobe/simple camera under utility and neither of them work.

I managed to find a post mentioning that installing the function drivers will fix the problem, but I can't find them anywhere.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Check the PCS driver download section of your account. Log into your account and on the left hand side is a place that says 'download' click that and click your order. All the drivers needed should be in that section.

BubiBoo

Hi Manta,

Thanks for the reply. However, I've just downloaded everything from there and it's still not working. I've added a screenshot of what's available there for my order, and none of them relate to webcam

drivers.jpg

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Alright, just to make sure open up device manager and right click and select "scan for hardware changes" that will refresh everything however I doubt that will work in this case. But best to be thorough.

The other option is that it has become unplugged internally, if it was plugged in I suspect it would be showing up in the device manager with a yellow triangle next to it. How do you feel about digging about inside your laptop? Might be best if you contacted PCS to see if they have any other quick fixes for it, but if it aint showing itself to the OS its broken or not connected i would think. They can also give you advice on where the connectors are located, it might involve taking the screen off so best call em first.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Have you tried FN +F10 on your keyboard to enable the webcam,it may be FN +another key depending on the laptop,have a look at the manual on the disk provided.You may need to install "hotkey" drivers for this to work.

Last edited:

BubiBoo

Have you tried FN +F10 on your keyboard to enable the webcam,it may be FN +another key depending on the laptop,have a look at the manual on the disk provided.You may need to install "hotkey" drivers for this to work.

Wow, thank you so much. I feel so stupid now! It was FN+F6 for my laptop, but worked right away. Problem solved!