SkyFire HDD is missing

theema

Hello. Just got my Skyfire 14'' everything is awesome, but.. The windows has been installed on SSD which I'm all for, but I can only see and use my SSD drive, my 500GB SATA seems to be missing. I've checked the partition manager, no luck. Even in BIOS there was no sign of it. Could it be that they forgot to put it or it's just me doing something wrong? I mean I didn't expect such a frustration since there's so many positive feedback about PCS's work.

Memory - Hard Disk 500GB SERIAL ATA II 2.5" HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (5,400rpm)

PS: my laptop comes with no DVD drive and operational system, it's unlikely that this HDD requires drivers to install. Silly question, but if I would need a driver where should I look for it then?

Cheers.

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I would suggest that you should first open up the case and verify that the drive is physically present. It's unlikely that PCS would forget to install it, but it's the first thing to check.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Flip your laptop upside down, get a small screwdriver and undo the screws where the DVD drive should be. That plate will then just lift/slide out and you should be able to visually inspect that the drive is indeed present. While you have everything opened up might be an idea to verify that the cables are attached properly. To do that completely remove them and re insert them as they may have been knocked loose in transit, that is fairly common cause of faults with PC's delivered by courier.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Remove the plate as suggested by mantadog and try re-seating the drive as they can sometimes come loose in transit.

Last edited: