sli porblem with gtx 460's

greybing

Firstly,im not dyslexic and the spelling of problem as porblem is a typo......ok.........
..........................................................................................................................
My motherboard is an asus m4n98td evo,i have 2 palit gtx 460's and a 650 w power supply.
..........................................................................................................................
I have run my system fine for some time now but encountered some problems of late.Whilst playing a game I had a drop of frame rate of 2 3rd's.I tried various things but was left with no option but to try a re install of windows.

After this wasa done I now notice that only 1 card will now work despite both being recognised.I have tried both cards individually and they work fine.

Also ,if I go into nvidia control opanel and try to change sli settings ,when apply is clicked ,I lose my main monitor image[i have 2 monitors].I have re installed the latest driver but no luck. Thanks for your time.

:):).....I have encountered a new problem as of writing this post originally.If i select sli,when in a game the image flickers massively.
So ,in summation ,the problems I am having are as follows

1.SLI can be enabled but only one graphics card works ,

2.There is alot of flickering on screen when sli is enabled.

Last edited:

greybing

yes ,i did consider this but i have tried another one and the problem persists. Thanks though.

Last edited:

greybing

well.looks like im inundated with ideas...please feel free to offer any thoughts................................................please,pretty please

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Well,for what it's worth I still think it's a problem with the SLI Bridge Connector,
try giving the connections a blast with compressed gas,or try the other connection if you have that option.

greybing

ithanks vanthus,ill give it a go...i was thinking though,considering that my psu is 650w and that my system ,according to online power calculations,needs around 600w......could the psu have lost efficiency and not be providing enough power as it is around a year old.

greybing

well,i 'aired' my 2 sli connectors but the problem persists.I feel the problem is probably not related to by sli bridge connectors as it is unlikely that both simultaneously.i just notice my rep power,mius 4 ,how the hell do you get minus 4.Ah well,never mind.

greybing

i was wondering what people think about my theory that the problem is the psu and whether the flickering screen i get when sli is enabledcould be a symptom of this.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
i was wondering what people think about my theory that the problem is the psu and whether the flickering screen i get when sli is enabledcould be a symptom of this.
It's a possibility,but not easy to confirm without trying a higher wattage PSU.

greybing

i am a leper in a colony of the ilke.........'nurse'..............'NURSE'
,my quad core cpu is dangerously becoming obsolete.

Last edited:

greybing

I wish there was a God of infinite p.c wisdom whom I could leave offering of various computational technology.