slow/sluggish BIOS menu

Joeyniple

Ok so basically it happened again after clean install of drivers using DDU. Do i have to RMA this gpu then? seems something is seriously wrong going on here.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ok so basically it happened again after clean install of drivers using DDU. Do i have to RMA this gpu then? seems something is seriously wrong going on here.
Does sound rather like a hardware issue then.

Just to confirm, have you got 2 separate PSU cables going into the GPU, or one cable going to a splitter?

Joeyniple

Does sound rather like a hardware issue then.

Just to confirm, have you got 2 separate PSU cables going into the GPU, or one cable going to a splitter?
Yes on the zotac 3070 they go in rather awkwardly in a little cut out in the card, but i checked and took out the gpu as well which had no dust or anything on it and re-inserted it made sure it was in properly. I ran up a game and it seems to work fine now? I dont know whats going on because i checked the GPU temps after the crash at is was around 55 degrees which is fine?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes on the zotac 3070 they go in rather awkwardly in a little cut out in the card, but i checked and took out the gpu as well which had no dust or anything on it and re-inserted it made sure it was in properly. I ran up a game and it seems to work fine now? I dont know whats going on because i checked the GPU temps after the crash at is was around 55 degrees which is fine?
Sorry, just to be doubly sure, you've got 2 separate GPU power cables coming from the PSU, not 1 that goes to a splitter and serves both ports on the GPU?

Joeyniple

Sorry, just to be doubly sure, you've got 2 separate GPU power cables coming from the PSU, not 1 that goes to a splitter and serves both ports on the GPU?
Looks like its one that serves as a splitter going into the gpu, i only see one cable coming from the psu.

Joeyniple

Ok so i was looking around a bit and wondering what could be the problem, and i disabled g-sync for fullscreen and windowed mode and just pout it to full screen and seeing if this has anything to do with the crashes, not sure.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ok so i was looking around a bit and wondering what could be the problem, and i disabled g-sync for fullscreen and windowed mode and just pout it to full screen and seeing if this has anything to do with the crashes, not sure.
First thing you need to make sure is that you’ve got 2 separate PSU cables running to the GPU.

Otherwise it can’t provide the power it requires and may overload the PSU and or motherboard.

Troubleshooting needs to be done systematically, don’t go randomly changing things otherwise you may contribute to the issue and make it harder to narrow down the cause. Start at software, making sure that’s reliable, then target the obvious contributors.

Gsync should have no relation to GPU slowness, it’s a screen feature, nothing to do with the GPU.

Joeyniple

I mean i trust PCS when building the PC, they would install the power cables correctly? kind of why i wanted them to do it and why i didnt make my own PC. And the problem is the when running a game i crash and get a black screen, it then goes to 1-2 fps and i have to close it. My desktop and browser runs fine so thats why im confused on whats happening because before the crash everything is running fine for days before this happens so im not sure if its a certain game or the actual GPU

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I mean i trust PCS when building the PC, they would install the power cables correctly? kind of why i wanted them to do it and why i didnt make my own PC. And the problem is the when running a game i crash and get a black screen, it then goes to 1-2 fps and i have to close it. My desktop and browser runs fine so thats why im confused on whats happening because before the crash everything is running fine for days before this happens so im not sure if its a certain game or the actual GPU
They’ve done it a few times, unfortunately they’ve had a lot of new staff since lockdown started and some builds just haven’t quite been right.

The symptoms fit a power issue. As soon as it’s requiring more than the one lane can provide it will draw the max out of the pcie lane to compensate which will overload the PSU and lead to instability. It’s just system building 101

Joeyniple

Thats a shame if thats the case. I will have to have a look tomorrow since they put loads of zip ties on the cables im going to have to sort this out (n)