so brand new PCS pc arrived and does not boot into windows :(

nicmcc

So brand new pc came today, all upacked and turned on and i get this message:

RIMG0125.jpg

Tried putting the windows dvd in (had to login to the bios my self to make sure it'd boot from dvd) followed the repair prompts and it just seems to say its repairing, i waited over an hour an a half and nothing...

any advice guys? should i just try and install from scratch? bit miffed as i paid for it all to be setup for me :( and the website said it went though 'quality testing'.

has an ssd drive if that helps.

Maestro

Yes unfortunately it looks as though something has corrupted the install. Ocasionally the microsoft sysprep program that we have to run during the final shutdown before dispatch in order ot put the pc back to the first tme user state can do this. The good news is that it is almost certainly a software issue and instaling windows 7 is very quick and easy. Please however accept my apologies for this issue.

nicmcc

no problems i'll give the reinstall of windows a go.
eeek spoke too soon, its not showing the 120gb ssd i bought.

will do pic
RIMG0127.jpg

shows the 1tb drive but not the 120gb ssd :s

Last edited:

Maestro

ok, two things could of happened. First the sata / power cable to the ssd could have become loose / detatched during transit, so you will need to check this. Even if it looks secure , unplug it and plug it back in. Second, if the first doesnt work then the drive has failed. If thats the case install on the 1tb drive for now, make sure you delete all the partitions etc. Call us tomorrow morning and arrange to get a neww ssd sent out.

nicmcc

yep i am officially the biggest n00b ever the power cable musta come out with the packing foam lol.

cheers man thats some beyond the call of duty support right there.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Huzzah!

Glad it worked out. These machines we have are sensitive to being moved, so get it plonked down and never move it again! :D

nicmcc

all is good, hehe yea i dont think it helped it was the antec 900 case its a bit cramped in that chap.

on it now, getting it all setup ssd is rather nippy defo noticeable.

I'v done a vid and some pics will post them in the show off section over the weekend.