So what do you have to do to get a reply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
dont worry, its not like you are being conned or anything, this is a very good service and like anything, it will make some errors, and sadly it had to be you, and knowing me, when i order mine, i will get a problem, you must remember as well, laptops are nowhere near as easy to assemble as a dekstop which is why they sometimes fail in testing, apparently about 1in30 laptops dont make it to the shelf to be sold, because of even the smallest of problems

oiyou

You have a very unusual idea of "good service". To my mind this doesn't include telling a customer that the item is to be sent out that day and forgetting to say that the part to build it are not actually in stock. It doesn't include asking for a reply to an email and not then replying to the replies. It doesn't matter how good the quality of the laptop or the testing processes are, the customer service here has been totally abysmal. Not having an alternative non-0844/5 phone number doesn't help for those of us who can only access a mobile during the hours that the phone lines are open. Not having a separate email address for queries relating to existing orders and relying on an obviously overloaded general enquiry address is, quite frankly unprofessional. I have now placed a new order and hopefully won't have to go through all that stress again.

Andy Davison

PokerFace

Banned
Not having an alternative non-0844/5 phone number doesn't help for those of us who can only access a mobile during the hours that the phone lines are open.

It's hardly PCS' fault that you don't have access to a landline Mon-Fri and you HAVE to work Saturdays (and some Sundays). You are either in the wrong job or they must be paying you enough that you feel justifies these terms. If it's the latter, then you should be able to afford the cost of a mobile phone call.

Also, can you please list below a list of companies that provide an alternative cheap rate mobile phone number for 'hard-working' people who don't have access to a landline. I seem to have lost the postage stamp that my list was on.

Good luck with your new laptop order.

Gorman

Author Level
Not having a separate email address for queries relating to existing orders and relying on an obviously overloaded general enquiry address is, quite frankly unprofessional.

Not trying to be argumentative here, just passing on info.

There is, its the website email system which is availiable when you log into the main page.

Maestro

Hello oiyou.

Take a look around your account area. You can log into it with the username and password that was emailed to you when you ordered.
In there you will find a dedicated customer webmail service where you can direct queries to every department including order trakcing.

Take a look, its amazing what you can find :)

dazza9

by reading posts about late builds i paid extra 59 pounds and it turned to be a winner to real 3 days from payment to dispatch.

Hee hee, I ordered a laptop on Tuesday afternoon, didn't pay for any fast build or anything and its been dispatched today, less than three days! I'm pretty happy with that!

oiyou

It's hardly PCS' fault that you don't have access to a landline Mon-Fri and you HAVE to work Saturdays (and some Sundays). You are either in the wrong job or they must be paying you enough that you feel justifies these terms. If it's the latter, then you should be able to afford the cost of a mobile phone call.

That is a very trite comment to make. In case you haven't noticed we are in recession at the moment and a lot of people are in "the wrong job" but it's a job at least. Many people are doing extra part time work to make ends meet. I am not quite in that situation but I have to be careful with finances like everyone else. It is PCS' fault that they told me my laptop was about to be dispatched when they couldn't even build it for lack of parts and that they ehn didn't contact me to let me know of the problem.

Also, can you please list below a list of companies that provide an alternative cheap rate mobile phone number for 'hard-working' people who don't have access to a landline. I seem to have lost the postage stamp that my list was on.

Technically, all of them. 0844/5 and 0870 nos redirect to a normal phone number. However this has never been a problem for me before because all the other companies I have dealt with have been very prompt in e-mail. Non-geographic lo-call phone nos were a great idea when they were invented as they stopped firms missing orders from people reluctant to pay national call rates and not knowing how long a call could take. Now so many people use mobile phones they are less useful, especially as the mobile companies refuse to include 0844/5 nos in the free call time allocation. That is why website saynoto0870 is so popular.

Andy

PokerFace

Banned
Now so many people use mobile phones they are less useful, especially as the mobile companies refuse to include 0844/5 nos in the free call time allocation. That is why website saynoto0870 is so popular.

Andy

I don't want to get into an argument Andy, so this will be my last comment on this subject. Seems like it's just as much the mobile phone companies fault then. They like to charge extortionate rates for certain calls. But I guess in their defense, it's up to us which calls we make and which mobile phone company we use.

On your point that you say you were told by PCS that your laptop was about to be dispatched and you later discovered that this was not possible as they were awaiting parts, then if that's true, you are correct, you should have been notified of any delay. I don't know what went wrong there and I can understand your frustration.

I wish you many happy and trouble free years with your new laptop and hope there are no hard feelings.

Maestro

So here is the end of the story. Isnt it strange how things generally turn out for the best.

Oiyou purchased a laptop which was the old calpella platform. It happened to be our last one, and during testing turned out to have a fault. Because of this and the fact that this model was to be replaced with the sandy bridge Enigma model Oiyou has ended up with a much better model (the latest technology). Had everything run its course without hitch Oiyou would be the proud owner of a non-sandy bridge laptop.

It has to be said that Oiyou's situation was unusual and errors in communication did occur. For the others who are simply venting frustration at percieved delays etc, I will once again point out that the LEAD TIME DISPLAYED WHEN ORDERING IS APPROXIMATE. YOUR ORDER CAN BE DISPTCHED QUICKER OR LATER THAN THIS. IF YOU WANT QUICK SERVICE CHOOSE FASTRACK. IF YOU DONT THEN YOU ARE AGREEING (AS STATED IN THE TERMS) TO PROVIDE US WITH UPTO 30 DAYS TO PROVIDE YOUR ORDER. WHILE IN 99% OF CASES IT DOESNT TAKE THIS LONG, WHAT IT DOES MEAN IS THAT IF YOUR ORDER DOES GO ABOVE THE APPROXIMATE LEAD TIME YOU HAVE AGREED TO THIS, SO LONG AS WE GET IT TO YOU WITHIN 30 DAYS.

Last edited:

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Thanks for concluding the saga Maestro...at least it doesnt leave the issue open ended and hopefully allays some fears that have arisen within the thread :D

Status
Not open for further replies.