software not compatible with window 7 !! help please !

hartley

Bronze Level Poster
hi, i dont know if this question has already been answered . But am in a situation and wonder if you guys could help or suggest some solutions. I have a software and it is not compatible with window 7 and was confirmed by the company ( that build this software). would you suggest that insted of going for the window 7 prim and should go for the professional one.
your help

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Do you mean you want to get windows7 with xp mode?its really only for business applications,not games or other kinds of software.what software do you have?

Gishank

Bright Spark
Rightio.
I've yet to use a program yet which hasn't been designed for Windows 7 or Vista which hasn't worked. Has the company actually tested their software on Windows 7 and confirmed it won't function or have they provided the response 'we didn't make it for 7, so it automatically won't work on 7' response? Because afterall you have compatibility modes to assist with that. To be perfectly honest of you I think you'd be able to find an alternative to the program you want to use that is actually updated regularly, etc rather than wasting money on buying a superior edition of Windows 7 which has virtualization.

Oh and it should also be noted that if you're attempting to run a game in a virtual machine, the chances are it won't function.

SimonM

Does the company say the software is not compatible with Win 7 at all. or that it won't work on Win 7-64 (but probably will on Win 7-32)?

There is very little that won't work with Win 7-32 bit. I'm involved with some software that still has 16 bit elements to it & we can run it on Win 7-32. Most people in this situation could be better off with Win 7-32 rather than Win 7-64 Professional.

It's certainly true that Win 7 Professional gives you more options built in. There's nothing to stop you running a virtual XP machine under Win 7 Premium, but you have to set it up for yourself & Win 7 Professional includes a legit licence for Win XP.

As vanthus says, what's the software you are having problems with?

hartley

Bronze Level Poster
I received an email confirmation that it wont work !!Basically , this software is like a filling cabinet where you store all your document -( scan invoice, email and etc ) and you can access with a click.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I received an email confirmation that it wont work !!Basically , this software is like a filling cabinet where you store all your document -( scan invoice, email and etc ) and you can access with a click.
It might work in xp mode but you need at least windows7 professional to get this.