Software problems that go whooooosh over my head.

MKyle_H85

I recieved my new pc a few days ago but have yet to try it out on anythign but facebook :(. I actually bought the pc to run a specfic game on that has a benchmark program so you can check how well your build will run the game, understandibly that was the first thing I tried to do once i had it set up. trying to run the benchmark though it came up with an error saying i was missing the file d3dx9_41.dll, I assumed this just meant i needed to install directx or something. When I tried toinstall directx though I get the error message "A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the Cryptographic Services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid"

Anyone have any clues how to resolve this?

Gorman

Author Level
Hi.

You dont have the right version of DX installed, whats the game / benchamerk and what version does it recommend?

Zeplini

I guess the benchmark is FFXIV, if so you need to download the directx updater and run it to update the directx on your system you can find the Microsoft directx page here

MKyle_H85

Oh, I just done some fishing and managed to download it, every attempt I made before kept bring up the error about the Cryptographic Service but I downloaded a full version of some sort and it worked. /thanks for all the advice

P.S. I ran the benchmark and got a qaulity score, very happy with my new pc

MKyle_H85

Most certainly did. Its the first PC I've bought that I haven't been sold some crap set up that doesn't actually work very well lol. So yeah I'm very happy with PCS atm.

steveuk87

Super Star
PCS team are awsome, any chance of some pics though mate just to show everyone your newest play thing :p

Steve

MKyle_H85

COOLERMASTER HAF 922 MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-960 (3.20GHz) 4.8GTs/8MB Cache
ASUS® P6X58D PREMIUM: DDR3, USB 3.0 & SATA 6.0GB/s, 3-Way SLI
6GB CORSAIR XMS3 TRI-DDR3 1600MHz (3 X 2GB)
1GB ATI RADEON™ HD 5870 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX® 11
640GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD6402AAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
CORSAIR 850W PSU (TX850) 80+ ULTRA QUIET
TITAN FENRIR EXTREME DIRECT TOUCH COPPER CPU COOLER